Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Blazing Inter Sneak Past Fiorentina
This is the first match of Serie A, Match Day 6 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 1 of 10: Inter Milan vs Fiorentina
Result: 2 – 1
- Inter Milan: Mauro Icardi 45′ (P), Danilo D’Ambrosio 77′
- Fiorentina: Federico Chiesa 53′
|Inter Milan||Team Stats||Fiorentina|
|3||Shots On Target||5|
- Mauro Icardi’s penalty and a Danilo D’Ambrosio give-and-go fixed Inter’s triumph over Fiorentina, in spite of a Federico Chiesa diverted strike.
- The Nerazzurri were straight from two sensational last-heave triumphs over Tottenham Hotspur and Sampdoria, yet needed to compensate for thrashings to Sassuolo and Parma.
- Kevin Mirallas got his first beginning and the Viola came into Week 6 in third place. Luciano Spalletti was intended to sit out a touchline boycott for over-celebrating in an apparent taunt at VAR authorities, however he won his allure just a couple of hours before kick-off.
Inter Milan climbed to 5th on the table after a 2-1 win over Fiorentina, thanks to goals by Mauro Icardi & Danilo D’Ambrosio #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) September 25, 2018
- Fiorentina have now lost 17 of their last 20 treks to San Siro, winning the other three.
- Previous Everton man Mirallas relatively made the ideal full introduction, as inside four minutes his low drive ricocheted off the base of the close post and after that hit Samir Handanovic’s shoulder to return out.
— Carlo (@TheInternomicon) September 25, 2018
- Antonio Candreva volleyed over after Alban Lafont was a little careless in his footwork, at that point Mauro Icardi struck the ball directly at the goalkeeper on a Radja Nainggolan through ball.
- Entomb weathered the early tempest and stepped up, Ivan Perisic blazing the ball only wide after Candreva pulled once again from the by-line.
Just post that Inter are lucky to get yer daily retweets, 3rd win in a row in last 15 minutes… They keep the focus till the last minute.. This is all I’m asking from Milan, don’t just play one half or 60-70 minute and then come moaning at FT that you were better for most parts.
— ɱʘɧɑ ? (@RYOmoha) September 25, 2018
- Fiorentina were as yet unsafe with Simeone springing the offside trap from Federico Chiesa’s turn around pass and compelling Handanovic into an edgy spare hurrying off his line.
- Just before the break, Vitor Hugo got a touch to Candreva’s cross with his wrist and his arm was outstretched, so the referee saw it on VAR and selected a penalty. Icardi changed over into the close base corner for his first Serie A goal of the season, yet his eleventh past Fiorentina, 9 in the last 5 gatherings.
- The guests evened out after the restart with a stroke of good fortune, as Chiesa’s ground-breaking shot from separate took an avoidance off Milan Skriniar and flew into the close base corner, wrong-balance Handanovic.
MATCH RESULT: @Inter 2 – @acffiorentina 1; #DAmbrosio scores after Maicon-like move forward to win us the game. 3 points in the bag! #ForzaInter!#InterFiorentina #SerieA #FCIM #InterStats #SempreInterLIVE #InterMilan pic.twitter.com/gTmcdov181
— SempreInter.com (@SempreIntercom) September 25, 2018
- Chiesa figured out how to flick in a cross when set apart by two men for Marko Pjaca’s header pursued by Danilo D’Ambrosio’s chest. Chiesa was started up and first observed his shot avoided after a Pjaca pull-back, at that point turned splendidly between two protectors to test Handanovic once more.
- Kwadwo Asamoah gambled two yellow cards in the space of 3 minutes for fouls on Chiesa, at that point the Italy worldwide went down in the container under a Matteo Politano prod.
How does this Inter Milan team win games?? ?
— Gianluigi OgheneZona (@Gianluigizona) September 25, 2018
- In any case, minutes after the fact Inter re-established their lead fairly against the keep running of play when a toss in discovered D’Ambrosio, who finished a give-and-run with Icardi to beat Lafont from eight yards.
- Fiorentina youth group striker Vlahovic turned a circling header on to the top of the net.
Visit allsportspk later today for the next matches of Match Day 6 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.