Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Sampdoria Fight Their Way Back Into The Top 10
This is the last match of of Serie A, Match Day 7 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 10 of 10: Sampdoria vs SPAL
Result: 2 – 1
- Sampdoria: Karol Linetty 25′, Gregoire Defrel 60′
- SPAL: Alberto Paloschi 21′
|9||Shots On Target||4|
- 2 assists from Fabio Quagliarella gave Sampdoria a 2-1 prevail upon Spal, notwithstanding Emil Audero’s mix-up.
- Blucerchiati Coach Marco Giampaolo had selected to drop Gaston Ramirez, with Denis Praet supplanting him behind the strikers.
- Karol Linetty came in to midfield, with Audero insereted instead of Rafael in goal, while Spal began with the accomplished Paloschi close by Andrea Petagna in assaulting line-up.
- Sampdoria began on the front foot, and Alfred Gomis was constrained into a sharp spare by Edgar Barreto after just 2 minutes.
— Eleven Sports (@ElevenSports_UK) October 1, 2018
- Barreto turned supplier, squaring for Fabio Quagliarella to tap it in, however the previous had been offside in the development and the goal was refused.
- The Blucerchiati had the majority of the early weight, yet they fell behind after a howler from their young goalkeeper.
- Manuel Lazzari shot from the edge of the case, and Emil Audero could just repel once into the focal point of the box. Alberto Paloschi was standing plain, and it was the least difficult of errands to take advantage of a vacant net.
Match report: Two assists from Fabio Quagliarella handed #Sampdoria a 2-1 win over #Spal, despite Emil Audero’s mistake. https://t.co/ZR4mTo3h0l #SampSPAL #SampdoriaSpal #SerieA pic.twitter.com/E01q1AEBAL
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) October 1, 2018
- It did not take Sampdoria long to react to, and they did as such with a phenomenal group goal.
- Gregoire Defrel flooded down the left and sent over an enticing ball to Fabio Quagliarella. The veteran utilized all his experience to head it back to edge of the container, where Linetty was holding up to volley it home.
- Lazzari had the opportunity to hit back very quickly, however he was swarmed out by the Sampdoria defensive line-up.
— Vijay Rahaman (@TriniSportsGuy) October 1, 2018
- The beginning periods of the 2nd half, pursued the example of the first, with Quagliarella seeing his shot spared by Gomis.
- The previous Napoli man was denied again on the hour stamp, yet this time he transformed his failure into a goal.
- Quagliarella’s strike was parried back to him by Gomis, yet he displayed excellent attention to thump it back in for Defrel, who cleared it home to give Sampdoria the lead out of the blue.
- The improbable figure of Andrea Petagna went on a fine solo run, rearranging past two defenders on the edge of the box, yet his low shot was all around spared by Audero.
It’s all Samp atm Spal’s defence must be tighter they’re a wee high atm & the Genoa based club are finding away of getting behind them what a cracking atmosphere at the Marassi #SampSpal
— john_NUFC42 (@john_nufc42) October 1, 2018
- Albin Ekdal was on the wrong end of a sore one, getting a blow in the face which saw him down accepting treatment for a few minutes.
- Substitute Gianluca Carpari got in behind, however in the wake of moving onto his left foot his shot was excessively feeble, making it impossible to beat Gomis.
- Petagna had another shot with a chest-and-volley exertion, yet he did not get it legitimately and it was a simple spare.
- There were 5 minutes of time included toward the finish of the match, however the Spallini could not discover a path through and Sampdoria moved above them in the Serie A standings.
Visit allsportspk on 5th October, Friday for the first matches of Match Day 8 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.