ITF Pakistan World Jr. Ranking Tennis C’ship 2019: Quarter-Finals Day
ISLAMABAD: Huzaifa Abdul Rehman (PAK), Berk Ulas ENC (TUR), Bader Alabdullah (KUW), and Essa Qabazard (KUW) advanced into the semi finals of Boy’s Singles event of Syed Tajammul Abbas ITF Pakistan World Junior Ranking Tennis Championships here at S. Dilawar Abbas PTF Tennis Complex, Islamabad.
Talented and upcoming top seed Huzaifa Abdul Rehman (PAK) continued his supremacy and eliminated Taentawan Taddeo Majoli Maggioli (THA) in straight sets 6-2, 6-3. Huzaifa started his match with combination of his powerful forehand down the line and cross court winners. He did not allow his opponent to settle down in the match. Huzaifa showed is consistency and pace of control throughout the match, whereas Shoaib Khan (PAK) could not survive to stay in Boys Singles and lost his quarter final against 4th seed Berk Ulas ENC (TUR) in a thrilling and exciting three sets match. After losing the first set at 6-4, Shoaib comeback with his strong forehand and backhand drives and level the match by winning the 2nd set at 6-1. In the final set Shoaib made some unforced error which caused a break in 5th game and lost the set at 6-3. Essa Qabazard of Kuwait won his encounter against Togan Makzume of Turkey in another exciting and thrilling three sets match.
In the Girls Singles quarter final, 7th Seed Anjalika Kurera of Sri Lanka struggled hard to win her encounter against talented consistent player Soo Ha Jang of Korea in a three sets match. Another good match of day was won by Arina Valitova of Russia against Hannag Seen Ean Yip of Malaysia. Both the players displayed high quality of tennis and demonstrated excellent combination of forehand and backhand drives down the line and cross court. 3rd seed Aysegul Mert of Turkey won her encounter in another good three sets match against Kit Yi Kaye Au-Yeung of Hong Kong.
Due the heavy rain in Islamabad the quarter finals of Boys and Girls Singles were delayed and started at 3:00 PM instead of 9:00 AM in the morning.
Following are the results:
Boy’s Singles Main Draw Quarter Finals:
- Huzaifa Abdul Rehman (PAK) beat Taentawan Taddeo Majoli Maggioli (THA) 6-2, 6-3
- Berk Ulas ENC (TUR) beat Shaoib Khan (PAK) 6-4, 1-6, 6-3
- Bader Alabdullah (KUW) beat Nathan Jattavapornvanti (THA) 6-2, 6-4
- Essa Qabazard (KUW) beat Tiogan Makzume (TUR) 6-2, 7-6(8), 6-4
Girls Singles Main Draw Quarter Finals:
- Aysegul Mert (TUR) beat Kit Yi Kaye Au-Yeung (HKG) 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
- Anjalika Kurera (SRI) beat Soo Ha Jang (KOR) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
- Arina Valitova (RUS) beat Hannah Seen Ean Yip (MAS) 7-6(13), 6-1
- In Progress: Li Hsin Lin (TPE) Vs Ji Hyun Kang (KOR)
Girls Doubles Quarter Final:
- Unfinished: Bea Francesca Acena (PHI) and Renee Marie Acena (PHI) beat Chloe Chong Zhu Jing (MAS) and Shimza Durab (PAK) 6-1, 6-2.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk