Los Angeles Lakers imposed a crushing 128-99 defeat upon arch rivals Cleveland Cavaliers riding on LeBron James’ game-high 31 points that led his side to their ninth straight victory.
James’ 31 points were supported by Dwight Howard’s 21 as well as 15 bench rebounds that propelled the Lakers to 29-points victory.
Cavaliers had begun the first round on a dominate note scoring the first six points of the match as Kevin Love and Darius Garland claimed hoop to give their side a 10=point lead in the first quarter.
Lakers were still trailing 55-56 by the half time and the match was projected to be a close one as both sides mounted relentless attacks.
But James came to the rescue and Lakers had a 14-point lead by the end of third quarter that turned into a 29[point victory as the game was gradually pulled away from Cavaliers.
Monday night’s NBA scores
- Cleveland Cavaliers 99-128 Los Angeles Lakers
- Philadelphia 76ers 95-101 Indiana Pacers
- Oklahoma City Thunder 117-104 Minnesota Timberwolves
- Chicago Bulls 101-113 Boston Celtics
- New Orleans Pelicans 117-110 Detroit Pistons (OT)
- Orlando Magic 114-112 Sacramento Kings
- Charlotte Hornets 112-115 Portland Trail Blazers
2019-20 NBA STANDINGS
Read Allsportspk’s Weekly Sports News Roundup
For regular updates keep visiting: Allsportspk