|Pakistan Vs Ireland
Only Test Match
|Only Test Match – Day 2: Pakistan Vs Ireland|
|Date: 12th May, 2018|
|Venue: The Village, Malahide, Dublin|
|Umpires: Richard Illingworth, Nigel Llong|
|Toss won by: Ireland, elected to field first|
|Pakistan’s 1st Innings: 268/6 (76 Overs, RR: 3.52)|
|Performers (Day 2):|
|Batting: Haris Sohail 31 off 91 balls, Asad Shafiq 62 off 169 balls, Shadab Khan 52 off 91 balls and Faheem Ashraf 61 off 69 balls.|
|Bowling: TJ Murtagh 2/33 in 17 overs, WB Rankin 2/58 in 17 overs, SR Thompson 2/51 in 16 overs.|
Highlights & Analysis
|1. Play resumed on the 2nd day of this test match after no cricket happened on the first day of this historic test between Pakistan Vs Ireland.
2. Ireland had won the toss and chose to field in their first ever test match in 144 years of cricket history.
3. Meanwhile, Pakistan had shown signs of improvement in their batting when they played their second warm-up match. So, they were pretty confident that they can overcome Ireland’s fast bowling in these swinging conditions.
4. However, Ireland got a dream start in this test match as they removed the Pakistani openers cheaply as both of these batsmen departed in consecutive overs.
5. But, it seemed like warm-up matches had been beneficial for the Pakistanis as Asad Shafiq and Haris Sohail shared a 58-run partnership.
6. However, Ireland struck again in the 30th over as they removed Sohail off the crease. Babar Azam came to the crease, however his lean patch continued as the batsman gave his wicket to Muratagh in the 39th over.
7. The Pakistani captain, Sarfraz Ahmed came out to bat as he supported Asad Shafiq fully to help him reach yet another fifty in overseas conditions.
8. But, Ireland were not going to hold back anything in this historic test as they took two wickets in 3 overs to send Sarfraz and Asad Shafiq back to the pavilion.
9. This was the best chance for Ireland to wrap things up, however Shadab Khan’s defense and Faheem Ashraf’s aggressive innings put them on the back foot.
10. Both Pakistani players reached their fifties and remained not out as the day came to an end.
11. Ireland would be disappointed but they would blame themselves as their bowlers lost their rhythm in the last overs of the day.
12. On the other hand, Pakistan would be quite happy as they were saved by Shadab and Faheem for an imminent collapse in their batting line-up.
13. That is it for now. Do join allsportspk tomorrow for the 3rd day of this Pakistan Vs Ireland test match.
Sarfraz Ahmed (c)
WTS Porterfield (c)
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk