Premier League ’18-19 – Highlights: Harry Maguire Scores Last Minute Goal
These are the first six matches of Match Day 3 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
Points Table – Premier League ’18-19
For Complete Premier League 2018-19 team rankings, click here
Match 1 of 10: Wolves vs Manchester City
Result: 1 – 1
- Wolves: Willy Boly 57′
- Manchester City: Aymeric Laporte 69′
|Wolves||Team Stats||Manchester City|
|2||Shots On Target||6|
- Despite dominating the ball possession by a staggering amount of 72%, Manchester City lurched to a 1-1 draw against Wolves at Molineux.
- For the majority of their possession, City were not able make numerous important assaults, and were held firm by a flexible Wolves side.
Rúben Neves first half by numbers vs. Manchester City:
most shots (3)
most tackles (3)
most blocks (2)
most key passes (1)
All-rounder. ?? pic.twitter.com/aNRNA7xOKv
— Statman Dave (@StatmanDave) August 25, 2018
- It was in reality the home side who undermined first, having a goal denied in the first 20 minutes. Raul Jimenez was adjudged to have been offside from Diogo Jota’s cross as he tapped it in, before Sergio Aguero instantly went down the opposite end and shook Rui Patricio’s post.
- City hit the woodwork again two minutes after the fact, when Raheem Sterling had a nervy half-volley tipped onto the bar by Patricio.
— Gitau ? (@GitzHQ) August 25, 2018
- A cagey first half was topped off by an effervescing Benjamin Mendy cross, which was punched away by Patricio, however Aguero had his manageable shot diverted securely back to the Wolves goalkeeper.
Richard Scudamore (PL CEO):
“It does not take away from City’s excellence, but we want the season to go to the last. I would like someone to get a little bit closer to Manchester City.”
Martin Atkinson delivering for his boss!
— City Chief ️ (@City_Chief) August 25, 2018
- The hosts began the second half quicker, and a little more than 10 minutes after the interim Helder Costa figured out how to break clear of Aymeric Laporte and Vincent Kompany, however was not able deal with his feet and Ederson could drive his shot behind.
- Wolves broke the halt from the subsequent corner however, with Joao Moutinho’s cross brushing Matt Docherty’s head and Willy Boly figured out how to guide it past Ederson into the City net, however replays demonstrated that he in actuality handled it in.
— khwima-thegoodman?? (@Khwima_urbanman) August 19, 2018
- However, their lead went on for minimal more than 10 minutes, as City leveled on the 69th minute, after Laporte headed home an Ilkay Gundogan free kick.
- City looked determined to take every one of the 3 points with a fourth of a hour remaining, however Gabriel Jesus’ header from Mendy’s cross was coordinated directly at Patricio.
- In the last stages of the game, Leroy Sane was tobrought into the attack by Pep Guardiola who was clearly looking for a winner.
Great effort by Wolverhampton to grab a point against Manchester City. Looked dangerous in the second half, and defended well in the last 10 minutes to hold on. Big point for Wolves, 1-1 draw #WOLMCI #PremierLeague #PLonNBC
— AHittWAVE3 (@AHittWAVE3) August 25, 2018
- Aguero was felled a little more than 20 yards from goal in the last moment of stoppage time, however his free kick hit the highest point of the bar and went to security as his search for a first away alliance goal in 2018 goes on.
- Wolves hung on for the point and figured out how to broaden a season-long record of staying unbeaten when scoring the principal goal in matches in the Premier League.
Match 2 of 10: Southampton vs Leicester City
Result: 1 – 2
- Southampton: Ryan Bertrand 52′
- Leicester City: Demarai Gray 56′, Harry Maguire 90+2′
|Southampton||Team Stats||Leicester City|
|5||Shots On Target||5|
- Defender Harry Maguire’s stoppage-time goal gave Leicester City a hard-battled 2-1 Premier League triumph over a 10-man Southampton side.
- Southampton had neglected to score at home in four of their last six amusements, yet after a goalless first half, full back Ryan Bertrand broke the gridlock with a loud strike from the edge of the container.
Game 3 : Southampton 1-2 Leicester City
25.08.18 – Premier League
Saints played well and took the lead early in the 2nd half through Bertrand but Gray equalised moments later. Home side reduced to 10 men + Maguire stole the win in injury time.
— Rob Gillman (@robgillman) 25 August 2018
- However, this one goal lead proved to be short lived, as Leicester winger Demarai Gray rebuffed slack Southampton protecting to rifle home the equalizer and the sending-off of Saints midfielder Pierre Hojbjerg in the 77th moment demonstrated significant.
- Hojbjerg’s silly plunge and ensuing rejection for his second yellow card gave the activity to the guests and Maguire sent a low shot into the base corner for the triumphant objective in stoppage time.
— Leicester City (@LCFC) 25 August 2018
Match 3 of 10: Arsenal vs West Ham
Result: 3 – 1
- Arsenal: Nacho Monreal 30′, Issa Diop 70′ (OG), Danny Welbeck 90+2′
- West Ham: Marko Arnautovic 25′
|Arsenal||Team Stats||West Ham|
|10||Shots On Target||5|
- Arsenal commended their first Premier League win of the season under new chief Unai Emery in the wake of digging out from a deficit to beat London equals West Ham United 3-1 of every in an action packed game.
- A Nacho Monreal strike, Issa Diop’s own goal and Danny Welbeck’s stoppage-time exertion empowered the Gunners to skip once again from their opening two annihilations after Marko Arnautovic had shot West Ham into a 25th-minute lead.
The Hammers start the season with three straight losses. pic.twitter.com/geDQFjq3ib
— SportsCentre (@SportsCentre) 25 August 2018
- Monreal balanced five minutes after the fact, boring a wild shot from eight meters past two protectors on hold after goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski parried Hector Bellerin’s cross into the defender’s way.
- Arsenal had managed to take the lead, when Diop’s poor leeway brought about Alexandre Lazazette’s reduced cannoning off the defender’s body into the net and Welbeck fixed the win after Bellerin’s cross gave him time and space to beat Fabianski from short proximity.
#Arsenal registered the first win of the season today!#BTS is killing it everywhere with their album #LoveYourselfAnswer and their #LoveYourselfTour
Don’t know a thing about #KSIvsLogan but I still want to know who wins haha
This weekend is lit y’all, happy life! pic.twitter.com/7ZEpDqsza8
— Chandni Raghuraman (@chand1003) 25 August 2018
For the next three matches, go to the next page!