Queen’s Club Championships 2018 Highlights: Day 5 – 1st Half
Men’s Tennis Highlights
Single’s: Frances Tiafoe vs Leonardo Mayer
Result: Frances Tiafoe defeated Leonardo Mayer by 6-4, 2-6, 6-4.
- Although, Leonardo Mayer opened the scoring in the first set but he wasn’t quite able to extend the lead big enough for Frances.
- Frances Tiafoe soon started recovering the points and after a tough fight against Leonardo, Frances eventually won the set by 6-4.
- Leonardo Mayer again took the lead in the second set and this time he extended it at a very fast pace.
- Frances Tiafoe tried to recover the points but he failed to do so and finally lost the second set by 6-2.
American Frances Tiafoe advances to his 4th ATP QF and his first above the ATP 250 level, taking out Leonardo Mayer 6-4 2-6 6-4 @QueensTennis! The 20-year-old improves to 8-4 this year against top-50 opponents.
— Parsa (@Parsa_Nemati) 20 June 2018
- The match moved on to the third set as Frances Tiafoe faced a terrible defeat in the previous set.
- In the third set, Leonardo Mayer again opened the scoring but Frances tiafoe didn’t let his hope down and soon recovered it.
Frances Tiafoe is into the third round in London! 🙌🏽 Beats Leonardo Mayer 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 in just under 2 hours! 💪🏽 And with this win, Frances moves into the Top 50 in the live rankings! 👏🏽 Next up: Chardy or Medvedev #fevertreechampionships
— Chad (@CCSMOOTH13) 20 June 2018
- Despite the fact that Leonardo was giving his best on the court, still he lost the last set to Frances Tiafoe by 6-4.
- Frances Tiafoe will now face Jeremy Chardy in the Quarter finals of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Jeremy Chardy vs Daniil Medvedev
Result: Jeremy Chardy defeated Daniil Medvedev by 7-6(6), 6-3.
- Daniil took a great start in the first set as he took the lead and looked quite confident while extending it.
- On the other hand, Jeremy Chardy came in action and he recovered all the points in just 20 mins.
- After a ferocious battle between the two, the set came to a tie-breaker as the score was levelled at 6-6.
— Sports Arc (@sports_arc) 20 June 2018
- Jeremy Chardy finally won the set on the tie-break as Daniil Medvedev lost four points on his serve.
- The second set started soon and this time Jeremy opened the scoring.
- Daniil struggled very hard but he was only able to score 3 points in his name.
Jeremy Chardy is a man in form on grass. He won the Surbiton Challenger and was runner-up in s’Hertongenbosch.
— Fever-Tree Championships (@QueensTennis) 20 June 2018
- Jeremy Chardy eventually won the second set too and booked his name into the next round.
- Jeremy Chardy will play against Frances Tiafoe in his next match of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Sam Querrey vs Stan Wawrinka
Result: Sam Querrey defeated Stan Wawrinka by 7-5, 6-7(3), 6-1.
- What an outclass performance was witnessed between Sam Querrey and Stan Wawrinka in all the three sets.
- Stan took the lead in the opening set but he wasn’t able to build it large enough for Sam Querrey.
- Sam soon recovered the lead and the score was levelled at 4-4.
- At last, it was Sam Querrey who managed to claim the victory in the first set by 7-5.
- The second set was the most eye catching as it came to a tie-breaker after the score was levelled at 6-6.
Sealed with his 25th ace 👏💪
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) 20 June 2018
- Both the players performed at their peak in this set but, Stan Wawrinka sealed his win in this set.
- The match became more exciting now as the third set started.
- Sam Querrey took the lead in this set and extended it at a very fast pace.
Thumbs up for Sam Querrey, who defeats S. Wawrinka 7-5, 6-7, 6-1 to reach the quarterfinals in London!
— USTA (@usta) 20 June 2018
- Ultimately, the Swiss player, Stan Wawrinka faced a shocking defeat by 6-1 in the decisive set.
- Sam Querrey will now face either Marin Cilic or Gilles Muller in his next match of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
5th seed Sam Querrey beat Stan Wawrinka 7-5,6-7, 6-1 to advance to the quarter-final.
Top seed Marin Cilic has just started his match against Muller on Centre Court. #QueensTennis pic.twitter.com/mJftN0qeuy
— Compare hospitality (@comparehos) 20 June 2018
Do join allsportspk to see the highlights of the 6th day of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
For regular updates visit : Allsportspk