Queen’s Club Championships 2018 Highlights: Day 5 – 1st Half
Men’s Tennis Highlights
Single’s: Frances Tiafoe vs Leonardo Mayer
Result: Frances Tiafoe defeated Leonardo Mayer by 6-4, 2-6, 6-4.
- Although, Leonardo Mayer opened the scoring in the first set but he wasn’t quite able to extend the lead big enough for Frances.
- Frances Tiafoe soon started recovering the points and after a tough fight against Leonardo, Frances eventually won the set by 6-4.
- Leonardo Mayer again took the lead in the second set and this time he extended it at a very fast pace.
- Frances Tiafoe tried to recover the points but he failed to do so and finally lost the second set by 6-2.
American Frances Tiafoe advances to his 4th ATP QF and his first above the ATP 250 level, taking out Leonardo Mayer 6-4 2-6 6-4 @QueensTennis! The 20-year-old improves to 8-4 this year against top-50 opponents.
— Parsa (@Parsa_Nemati) 20 June 2018
- The match moved on to the third set as Frances Tiafoe faced a terrible defeat in the previous set.
- In the third set, Leonardo Mayer again opened the scoring but Frances tiafoe didn’t let his hope down and soon recovered it.
Frances Tiafoe is into the third round in London! ?? Beats Leonardo Mayer 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 in just under 2 hours! ?? And with this win, Frances moves into the Top 50 in the live rankings! ?? Next up: Chardy or Medvedev #fevertreechampionships
— Chad (@CCSMOOTH13) 20 June 2018
- Despite the fact that Leonardo was giving his best on the court, still he lost the last set to Frances Tiafoe by 6-4.
- Frances Tiafoe will now face Jeremy Chardy in the Quarter finals of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Jeremy Chardy vs Daniil Medvedev
Result: Jeremy Chardy defeated Daniil Medvedev by 7-6(6), 6-3.
- Daniil took a great start in the first set as he took the lead and looked quite confident while extending it.
- On the other hand, Jeremy Chardy came in action and he recovered all the points in just 20 mins.
- After a ferocious battle between the two, the set came to a tie-breaker as the score was levelled at 6-6.
— Sports Arc (@sports_arc) 20 June 2018
- Jeremy Chardy finally won the set on the tie-break as Daniil Medvedev lost four points on his serve.
- The second set started soon and this time Jeremy opened the scoring.
- Daniil struggled very hard but he was only able to score 3 points in his name.
Jeremy Chardy is a man in form on grass. He won the Surbiton Challenger and was runner-up in s’Hertongenbosch.
— Fever-Tree Championships (@QueensTennis) 20 June 2018
- Jeremy Chardy eventually won the second set too and booked his name into the next round.
- Jeremy Chardy will play against Frances Tiafoe in his next match of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Sam Querrey vs Stan Wawrinka
Result: Sam Querrey defeated Stan Wawrinka by 7-5, 6-7(3), 6-1.
- What an outclass performance was witnessed between Sam Querrey and Stan Wawrinka in all the three sets.
- Stan took the lead in the opening set but he wasn’t able to build it large enough for Sam Querrey.
- Sam soon recovered the lead and the score was levelled at 4-4.
- At last, it was Sam Querrey who managed to claim the victory in the first set by 7-5.
- The second set was the most eye catching as it came to a tie-breaker after the score was levelled at 6-6.
Sealed with his 25th ace ??
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) 20 June 2018
- Both the players performed at their peak in this set but, Stan Wawrinka sealed his win in this set.
- The match became more exciting now as the third set started.
- Sam Querrey took the lead in this set and extended it at a very fast pace.
Thumbs up for Sam Querrey, who defeats S. Wawrinka 7-5, 6-7, 6-1 to reach the quarterfinals in London!
— USTA (@usta) 20 June 2018
- Ultimately, the Swiss player, Stan Wawrinka faced a shocking defeat by 6-1 in the decisive set.
- Sam Querrey will now face either Marin Cilic or Gilles Muller in his next match of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
5th seed Sam Querrey beat Stan Wawrinka 7-5,6-7, 6-1 to advance to the quarter-final.
Top seed Marin Cilic has just started his match against Muller on Centre Court. #QueensTennis pic.twitter.com/mJftN0qeuy
— Compare hospitality (@comparehos) 20 June 2018
Do join allsportspk to see the highlights of the 6th day of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
For regular updates visit : Allsportspk