Spanish La Liga ’18-19 – Highlights: Levante Off To A Flying Start
Two matches were held today on 18th August 2018, of Match Day 1 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 1 of 10: Girona vs Valladolid
Result: 0 – 0
|1||Shots On Target||1|
- Despite being dominant with the ball possession and shot making, Girona could not manage to score a single goal and the match ended in a draw.
- In the first half, Valladoid conceded early corners, but Girona were not able to convert even a single one of them.
So FT, Girona 0-0 Valladolid
Well it’s obvious which team would be the happiest with this result. Eusebio’s Girona start the campaign with a draw in a game they dominated & probably would feel that they deserved more from.
— Sheroze Ullah Khan (@Sherrydinho) 17 August 2018
- Girona’s Aleix Garcia made an early attempt by striking the ball from outside the box, however it was stopped by Valladolid’s goal keeper.
- Several minutes later, Valladolid’s Ruben Alcarez also tried to score from long range but he was also unsuccessful.
Yeah and in this match i didn’t really see te Girona of last season who held atleti to a draw aller and retour and won real and many more good stuffs and were really impressive last season
— Lavogez (@baby_koke) 17 August 2018
- In the dying moments of the first half, Girona won a free kick. But even then they could not score as the 1st half ended with the score being 0 – 0.
- In the 2nd half, early fouls were made by both teams, however no one got a yellow card by the referee. Also, late substitutions were made by both teams.
Draw at Montolivi…Was hoping for a Girona win. pic.twitter.com/l4WSnWy1PP
— Lucia® ? (@MissLucia_SA) 17 August 2018
- Girona remained dominant with the ball in the 2nd half and despite some very good shots by their strikers, Valladolid’s defence remained solid and, the match ended in a draw.
How u reckon girona will cope without machin? Poor result for them tonight.
— Conal ??☭ (@MatthewsConal) 17 August 2018
Match 2 of 10: Real Betis vs Levante
Result: 0 – 3
- Levante: Jose Luis Morales Nogales 54′, 90+5′, Roger Marti 38′
|Real Betis||Team Stats||Levante|
|8||Shots On Target||4|
- Jose Luis Morales scored twice as Levante opened their account with a win in this year’s La Liga 2018-19. The winning impact was made by Levante’s 4-4-2 formation as Real Betis had no answer to Levante’s supremacy.
Happy to say that we ran the league this year and got a well deserved promotion. Everybody played a massive part especially @ryansheppard88. But in the playoff final it was @SamFFC1 who got motm. A close 2nd for an unreal performance @____Scotty_____ who filled in excellently. pic.twitter.com/WG2tzQvieH
— Vfl Levante PS4 (@LevanteVfl) 18 August 2018
- In the 1st half, it was Roger Marti who put his team in the lead, moments after the right midfielder Jason, sliced through the Betis defensive line-up.
- Real Betis took their chances, but could not convert a single one of them, as the 1st half ended with Levante in the lead.
What a goal, what a player. José Luis Morales beats three players and puts Levante 2-0 up at the Villamarin. Can’t imagine we’ll see a better goal than that this weekend…
— Chris Henson (@FRfutbolChris) 17 August 2018
- 10 minutes into the 2nd half, the lead was doubled by Jose Luis Morales who struck the ball accurately into the center of the box.
- In reply, a counter attack was made by Real Betis, however, Ryad Boudebouz left footed shot was blocked by Levante’s goal keeper.
— Sergio Luque (@SergioLuqueC) 18 August 2018
- Attacks continued from Real Betis, who remained dominant with the ball possession. Corners were taken, substitutions were made, however nothing seemed to be working for Betis.
- The match now entered into 2nd halve’s injury time, and it was Jose Luis Morales who struck once again, as Levante won the match by 3-0.
What a wonderfully effective counter attacking performance that was from Levante to halt Betis in their tracks. Superb use of the ball, width and organisation.
Jose Luis Morales just magical again, his first goal definitely worth watching a few times.
— Ben Jarman (@bjarm_) 17 August 2018
Levante did their job to perfection. You don’t need to have the ball all the time to win, what’s important is what you do with it. Levante punished Betis’ attacking intent with brutal counterattacks. No easy games in LaLiga. Morales was outstanding. #LaLiga
— Andrew Gaffney (@GaffneyVLC) 17 August 2018
Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the next matches of La Liga 2018-19.