Stuttgart Open 2018 – Men’s Final: Roger Federer Wins 98th Title
Match: Roger Federer vs Milos Raonic
Result: Roger Federer defeated Milos Raonic by 6-4, 7-6(3).
- An outclass performance was seen today in the final match between the Canadian professional, Milos Raonic, and the Swiss Maestro, Roger Federer.
- Roger soon had an edge but the Canadian didn’t lose hope as he recovered the points after Roger was leading 4-0 and soon it reached 4-3.
- Federer didn’t take any chances and grabbed the next points with some solid backhand and forehand shots, eventually winning the first set by 6-4.
— Stefan Schuler (@schulerst) 17 June 2018
- As the second set started, Milos Raonic regained his confidence, scored first and took the lead. However, Roger Federer recovered the points after some time but Milos kept gaining points.
— Tennis Channel (@TennisChannel) 16 June 2018
- Raonic soon was leading by 5-4 but Roger Federer showed his class and came back and equalized the score to 6-6.
3rd title of the season.
18th title on grass.
98th career title.
The King of Grass is back, alright! pic.twitter.com/iwBadzePVI
— Live Tennis (@livetennis) 17 June 2018
- Milos struggled throughout the tie-break, but Roger Federer sealed the victory winning the 98th title of his career and also reclaimed the world No.1 spot.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk