Football – Supercoppa Italiana: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins His First Trophy With Juventus
- Juventus have turned into the main club to win the Supercoppa multiple times, as Cristiano Ronaldo’s header was conclusive, yet Milan were irate around two refereeing choices.
- These were the two best clubs in the historical backdrop of the challenge on seven successes each.
The Old Lady emerges victorious once again ⚪️⚫️
Juventus have won the Supercoppa Italiana for a record 8th time ? pic.twitter.com/vwe2vQhwgQ
— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) January 16, 2019
- The development was overwhelmed by Gonzalo Higuain, not on the grounds that he was confronting his parent club, but rather as he was very nearly an exchange to Chelsea. He was relied upon to begin, yet was inevitably sidelined, authoritatively in view of a ‘fever.’
- Suso was suspended with Lucas Biglia, Jack Bonaventura and Mattia Caldara harmed, while Juve missed Mario Mandzukic, Joao Cancelo, Andrea Barzagli and Medhi Benatia.
- Douglas Costa’s styler flashed simply wide and Joao Cancelo, coming back from damage, skimmed the far post with his calculated drive.
Cristiano Ronaldo for Juventus so far:
– 26 games.
– 16 goals.
– 8 assists.
– Serie A top scorer.
– Most goals and assists for Juventus.
– Wins them the Italian Super Cup with his goal being the winner.
– First trophy for Juventus.pic.twitter.com/pO6LNdKCm2
— Mu. (@TheCristianoGuy) January 16, 2019
- Wojciech Szczesny escaped with misconstruing a corner, as Samu Castillejo let go over the bar, while Juve squandered a promising counter-assault with Giorgio Chiellini.
- Blaise Matuidi thought he had opened the scoring on 34 minutes, yet was hailed only offside as he jumped on a through ball to beat Gianluigi Donnarumma.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s aerobatic mid-air volley from a Douglas Costa check skiped off the ground to brush the crossbar with Donnarumma attached to the spot.
- At the opposite end, Szczesny required an intense spare to deny Calhanoglu’s calculated drive subsequent to promising work from Lucas Paquetá.
It is a “no brainer” Juventus will always win in such an Italian game orchestrated by poor officiating. But Milan gave a good fight in it.
— BAYO SALAU (@salaubayo) January 16, 2019
- Straight after the restart, Milan again made devastation in the Juve box, as a lost Miralem Pjanic pass ricocheted into the way of Cutrone, who spun round and shot it on to the crossbar with his more fragile left foot.
- Juve at last got their first shot on focus at the 59th moment, Cristiano Ronaldo cutting inside Davide Calabria for an amazing strike to sting Donnarumma’s gloves at the close post.
- It was a notice, as Cristiano Ronaldo broke the gridlock minutes after the fact. He sprung the offside snare on a glided Pjanic ball over the best for a looking header past Donnarumma.
Sergio Brio, Marco Tardelli & Antonio Cabrini after the shirt swap at a snowy Stadio Comunale. pic.twitter.com/klOjGtv8nO
— Culture of Football Classics (@CFclassics) January 16, 2019
- Ricardo Rodriguez kept him level and Alessio Romagnoli did not hop to block the help.
- Dybala had the ball in the net after a give-and-run with Matuidi, yet the Frenchman had meandered offside amid the development and it was refused.
- In spite of neglecting to begin in view of a fever, Higuain was presented for the last 20 minutes alongside Fabio Borini. Nonetheless, Franck Kessie was sent off after a VAR survey for his stamp on Emre Can’s lower leg, as Luca Banti had initially just reserved the Milan midfielder.
#Juventus won as predicted but this time coz of this man, our hero, our saviour @Cristiano once again for @juventusfcen | #SuperCup #ForzaJuve #SuperJuve #JuveMilan #Victory #Lovelytime #SuperHappy #V pic.twitter.com/sMZcmPONwS
— HarVi ?? (@Vish_Harvin) January 16, 2019
- Donnarumma was aware of push an avoided Alex Sandro cross on to the upstanding, yet Calabria was reserved and will likewise be suspended against Genoa in Serie A on Monday.
- Milan were angry when Emre Can seemed to rattle into the back of Andrea Conti from six yards, however the ref waved play on and the VAR corner did not think of it as deserving of a survey.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk