||Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
T20 Tri-Series – Match 4
| Match Basics
|T20 Tri-series – Match 4: Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 4th July 2018
|Venue: Harare Sports Club
|Umpires: Langton Rusere, Iknow Chabi
|Toss won by: Pakistan , elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 162/4 (20 Overs, RR: 8.1)
|Batting: SF Mire 94 off 63 balls, TK Musakanda 33 off 22 balls, C Zhuwao 24 off 26 balls
|Bowling: Mohammad Amir 1/25 in 3 overs, Faheem Ashraf 1/24 in 4 overs, Shadab Khan 1/28 in 3 overs, Hussain Talat 1/10 in 1 over
|Target: 163 runs from 20 overs
|Pakistan’s Innings: 163/3 (19.1 Overs, RR: 8.5)
|Batting: Fakhar Zaman 47 off 38 balls, Hussain Talat 44 off 35 balls, Sarfraz Ahmed 38* off 21 balls
|Bowling: CB Mpofu 1/31 in 3.1 overs, SF Mire 1/15 in 2 overs
|Result: Pakistan won by 7 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
|Man of the Match: Solomon Mire
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- This was the same pitch on Aaron Finch broke his own record for the highest T20 score.
- Sarfraz chose to bowl first despite the fact that it was a batting wicket that has little for the bowlers.
- Zhuwao and SF Mire opened the innings and Shoaib Malik was given the new ball by Sarfraz Ahmed.
- Both openers got off to a great start, defying Pakistan’s leading pacers, Hasan Ali and Mohammad Amir to score 38 runs in 5 overs.
- Faheem Ashraf and Shadab were introduced from both ends. This move by the Pakistani captain worked as Ashraf shattered the stumps of Zhuwao and Pakistan got their first wicket.
- Masakadza joined Mire. Both batsmen added 33 runs with the main striker being Zhuwao who also got to his fifty in 32 balls.
- In the very next over, Masakadza departed off Shadab’s bowling and Pakistan got their 2nd breakthrough.
- Musakanda joined Mire. Both batsmen shared a significant partnership of 62 runs as Zimbabwe neared 150 runs and this match(Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe) began to tilt towards Zimbabwe’s favor.
- This is when Sarfraz introduced the young all rounder, Hussain Talat into the attack. This move worked as after being dropped by Asif Ali, Mire departed on the very next ball as he was denied a well deserved century.
- Chigumbura joined Musakanda as Zimbabwe hoped to get to 170-180 in the last over. But, Mohammad Amir took the wicket of Musakanda and restricted Zimbabwe to 162 runs in 20 overs.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- Pakistan needed 163 runs to win, an easy task considering the state of the pitch being ripe for batting.
- Fakhar Zaman and Haris Sohail opened the innings and Chisoro was given the 1st over by his captain.
- Zaman blazed off straight away with the complete support of Haris Sohail as the pair ended the power play with 56 runs on the board.
- The match(Paksitan Vs Zimbabwe) was looking pretty much one sided but this changed as Masakadza introduced himself into the attack.
- The Zimbabwe captain took the wicket of Haris Sohail to even the scales for some time.
- Hussain Talat joined Fakhar Zaman. Zimbabwe introduced spin from both ends but the two batsman played cautiously to add 37 runs to the total.
- Fakhar Zaman was nearing a fifty when Mire got his wicket to bring Zimbabwe back into the game.
- At this point, Pakistan required 67 runs from 48 balls with 8 wickets in hand.
- The Paksitani captain, Sarfraz Ahmed walked out to bat. Zimbabwe continued to build pressure, by bowling dot balls and aiming for quick wickets. Both batsmen added 40 more runs as the match came to the last 3 overs.
- At this point, this match(Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe) became a thriller.
- Mpofu was introduced back into the attack and he struck straightaway by removing Hussain Talat and denying him a half century.
- Now the finisher, Shoaib Malik came to the crease in hopes of finishing the game in a jiffy.
- And that is exactly what happened as Pakistan chased down the score in the last over to pull off a thrilling finish.
- After winning this match(Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe) Pakistan have cemented their place in the final match of this T20 Tri-series against Australia.
This is the end of the Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe T20. Join allsportspk tomorrow for the next match of this T20 Tri-series. To see the tournament’s full schedule click here.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Cpt.) (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Cpt.)
PJ Moor (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk