||Pakistan Vs Australia
T20 Tri-Series – Match 5
| Match Basics
|T20 Tri-series – Match 5: Pakistan Vs Australia
|Date: 5th July 2018
|Venue: Harare Sports Club
|Umpires: Langton Rusere, Iknow Chabi
|Toss won by: Pakistan , elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Pakistan’s Innings: 194/7 (20 Overs, RR: 9.7)
|Batting: Fakhar Zaman 73 off 42 balls, Hussain Talat 30 off 25 balls, Shoaib Malik 27 off 15 balls, Asif Ali 37* off 18 balls
|Bowling: Andrew Tye 3/35 in 4 overs, Jhye Richardson 2/43 in 4 overs, Marcus Stoinis 1/29 in 3 overs, Glenn Maxwell 1/30 in 3 overs
|Target: 195 runs from 20 overs
|Australia’s Innings: 149/7 (19.6 Overs, RR: 7.45)
|Batting: Alex Carey 37* off 24 balls, Short 28 off 34 balls
|Bowling: Shaheen Shah Afridi 3/37 in 4 overs, Mohammad Amir 1/25 in 4 overs, Shadab Khan 1/26 in 4 overs, Usman Khan 1/26 in 4 overs
|Result: Pakistan won by 45 runs
|Man of the Match: Fakhar Zaman
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Australia: 1st Innings
- The pitch was flat and had everything for the batsmen and little or nothing for the bowling side. Australian captain looked to replicate their performance from their first match against Pakistan and decided to bowl first.
- Fakhar Zaman and Haris Sohail opened the innings and Billy Stanlake was given the new ball.
- Zaman got off to a flying start but, Haris Sohail departed in the very next over off Richardson’s bowling. Australia had gotten their dream start.
- Hussain Talat joined Fakhar Zaman. Talat supported Zaman from one end as the explosive opener continued to score boundaries from the other end.
- After the power play, Pakistan had 51 runs on the board with 9 wickets in hand. This is when spin was introduced from both ends in the form of Maxwell and Agar.
- This move worked as Maxwell got the wicket of Hussain Talat and Pakistan lost their 2nd wicket.
- Sarfraz Ahmed joined Fakhar Zaman. Both batsmen added 27 runs to the total as Fakhar Zaman reached his half century in 33 balls.
- But, soon this partnership was broken by Andrew Tye who got the wicket of the Pakistani captain.
- Shoaib Malik joined Fakhar Zaman. Stoinis was introduced back into the attack and he struck straight away as Zaman departed after a well made 73.
- With 5 overs left in the innings, Asif Ali joined Shoaib Malik. Malik added some quick runs after which he lost his wicket to Andrew Tye.
- Faheem Ashraf and Shadab Khan came to bat next but they could not score much. However, Asif Ali continued his onslaught from the other end and helped Pakistan to finish on 194 runs.
Pakistan Vs Australia: 2nd Innings
- Although it was a batting wicket, Australia had a giant task on their hands as they needed 195 runs to win this match.
- Aaron Finch and DJM Short opened the Australian innings and Mohammad Amir started it off for Pakistan.
- Both openers got off to a decent start and denied Pakistan an early wicket. Sarfraz Ahmed brought on Shaheen Shah Afridi into the attack.
- This move bore fruit as Shaheen got the big wicket of Aaron Finch.
- Short joined Travis Head. But, this partnership lasted only one over as Faheem Ashraf shattered Head’s middle stump and Pakistan got their 2nd wicket.
- Maxwell joined Short. But, Australia’s worries were not over as as Shaheen Afridi struck again in his 2nd over to get rid of Maxwell.
- Maddinson joined Short. But, this pair could only last 2 overs as Shadab Khan got the wicket of Maddinson.
- Two overs later, Shaheen Shah Afridi returned for his 3rd over and finally got the wicket of Short. This match(Pakistan Vs Australia) was now tilting in favour of Pakistan.
- With Alex Carey and Stoinis on the crease, Australia needed 109 runs from 42 balls with 5 wickets in hand.
- The pair added a quick blitz of 30 runs after which Stoinis lost his wicket to Usman Khan.
- Ashton Agar joined Alex Carey with Australia needing 89 runs from the last 5 overs. Both batsmen hoped to add some runs to avoid a humiliating defeat in this match(Pakistan Vs Australia).
- But, the pair could only stay on for some time as Mohammad Amir shattered Agar’s stumps to claim his first wicket of the match.
- Soon Australian innings came to an end as Pakistan won the match by a substantial margin.
This is the end of the Pakistan Vs Australia T20. The final of this Tri-Series between Pakistan Vs Australia will be held on 8th July, Sunday. To see the tournament’s full schedule click here.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Capt.) (Wkt.)
Shaheen Shah Afridi
AJ Finch (Capt.)
AT Carey (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk