CGG WSF Women’s World Team Championship ’18: First Time In China
China by hosting 21st CGG WSF Women’s World Team Championship, will make history in the world of squash, as it will be the first time that a squash championship with all matches on all-glass courts will be held in the city of Dalian in Liaoning Province.
The event will be played from 11th – 16th September (Tuesday) with top 15 players from 16 nations. The nations and players include:
- Egypt team has four players who are rated among the world top six, which includes Raneem El Welily, the world No.2.
- England play with the unprecedented record of having played in each final except one, since the event started 37 years ago in 1981.
- The No.2 seeds Japan, have qualified in the 12 consecutive finals.
- The 3rd seeds USA having competed in every championship since the event commenced in 1979.
- As 4th seeds Malaysia team will be led by Nicol David, who since 2002 will be appearing the ninth successive time.
The city of Dalian hosted a welcome reception for the players on the eve of the event – as pictured above.
The Pool wise country groupings are:
- Pool A: Egypt, Canada, Australia, Germany
- Pool B: England, New Zealand, Japan, Finland
- Pool C: USA, France, India, China
- Pool D: Malaysia, Hong Kong China, South Africa, Switzerland
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk