KINGSTON: Younus Khan placed himself in the record books by becoming the first Pakistani player to score 10,000 Test runs during the first Test against West Indies. With this the 39 year old also becomes the 13th batsman in the Test cricket world to cross the 10,000-run barrier.
He achieved this record in his 116th Test, with a sweep shot for a boundary off the spin bowler Royston Chase.
- First Pakistani to score 10,000+ runs in Test cricket.
- Having scored 34 centuries has the record of the most Test centuries for Pakistan.
- Only batsman from Pakistan to score Test centuries against 9 teams.
- Only batsman to have 50+ average in all the four innings of Tests.
- Only batsman to have scored 6 double centuries in Test matches.
- The first Test batsman to score 5 centuries in the fourth innings.
- Has the record of most away centuries for a Pakistani.
- Has most number of centuries (14) after the age of 35 among Pakistani cricketers.
- Has been involved in 63 hundred run partnerships in Tests cricket.
- Has scored 3 consecutive Test hundreds against Australia, an achievement only accomplished by Herbert Sutcliffe in 1924–25.
- Became the 3rdPakistani to score a triple century – 313 runs in Test matches against Sri Lanka.
- The first and the only cricketer from Pakistan to take 100 catches in Test matches.