72 Punjab Games 2019: Final Day
LAHORE: The 72nd edition of Punjab Games 2019 ended with some exciting competitions on the final day at various venues in the city. The Punjab Games were organized under the auspices of Sports Board Punjab and with the collaboration of Punjab Olympic Association.
The results on the final day were as follows:
- Gujranwala stunned Lahore in the final of 72nd Punjab Games 2019 Volleyball event at NPSC Gymnasium Hall on Saturday. Faisalabad finished third in this competition.
- In women’s Handball event, Lahore girls emerged winner with one gold, Faisalabad remained runners-up with two silver medals. Third position went to Gujranwala (6 bronze) followed by Sargodha (5 bronze), Multan (4 bronze) and Bahawalpur (3 bronze medals)
- In Cycling event at NPSC Cycling Velodrome, Lahore clinched gold medal while Faisalabad and Multan took silver and bronze medals respectively. Gujranwala, Bahawalpur and Sahiwal shared the next three spots on the cycling points table.
- Lahore Division, with 26 medals including 13 gold, 8 silver and 5 bronze medals, emerged triumphant in Punjab Games Swimming event organized at Punjab International Swimming Complex. Faisalabad, with 13 medals including two gold, 7 silver and 4 bronze remained second followed by Rawalpindi and Sargodha.
- In Baseball, Gujranwala defeated Multan by the score of 5-3 at UCP Sports Complex. Lahore grabbed third position when they outplayed Sargodha in 3rd/4th position match by 5-4.
- Bahawalpur became provincial Hockey champion when they defeated Faisalabad in the title clash by 3-2 at National Hockey Stadium on Friday night. Both the teams had struck two goals each in the stipulated time but Bahawalpur strikers and goalkeeper showed excellent skills and won the final match on penalty shootout by 3-2.
Director General Sports Punjab Nadeem Sarwar said the holding of Punjab Games after eight years is definitely a major breakthrough but there should be continuity in the organization of Punjab Games. “There could be a revolution in Pakistan sports if we can manage to organise Punjab Games continuously in the next four/five years”.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk