|7th T20I Final Match: India vs Bangladesh|
|Date: 18th March, 2018|
|Venne: R. Premadasa Stadium, Khettarama, Colombo
|Series: Nidahas Trophy Tri-Series|
|Umpires: Ruchira Palliyaguruge, Raveendra Wimalasiri|
|Toss won by: India, elected to field first.|
|1st Team Play: 166/8 (20 Overs, RR: 8.3)|
|Batting: Sabbir Rahman 77 off 50 balls, Mahmudullah 21 off 16 balls.|
|Bowling: YS Chahal 3/18 in 4 overs, Washington Sundar 2/33 in 4|
|Target: 167 runs from 20 overs.|
|2ND Team Play: 168/6 (20 Overs, RR: 8.4)|
|Batting: Rohit Sharma 56 runs off 42 balls, Dinesh Karthik 29 off 8 balls.|
|Bowling: Rubel Hossain 2/35 in 4 overs.
|Player of the match: Undecided|
|Result: India won by 4 wickets.
Man of the Match: Dinesh Karthik
|Highlights & Analysis|
1.Bangladesh stunned Srilanka to win their last match and seal their spot in the final against India. The match today was a decider as to who would take the Nidahas trophy. It was a nail biter that came down to the last over.
2. India won the toss and elected to field first. The Bangladeshi openers came on the crease in hopes of beating India and take the trophy. But the openers Tamim and Liton could only manage a stand of 27 runs before Bangladesh lost both their openers to Washington and Chahal’s exquisite spin bowling.
3. Bangladesh were now 27-2 and needed someone to rebuild their innings however, Chahal struck again and in the very same over reclaimed the wicket of Soumya Sarkar.
4. Mushfiqur Rahim who had been in prime form all this series joined Sabbir at the crease. Both batsmen shared a 35-run partnership before the wicketkeeper batsmen departed off Chahal’s bowling.
5. The Bangladeshi skipper, Mahmudullah joined Sabbir and both scored 36 runs together. And just as this partnership was looking threatening enough Mahmudullah got run out in confusion and India were now on top.
6. Then came in Bangladesh’s prize all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan but he too was run out and this time it was the bowler who collected the ball and ran towards the stumps to shatter them.
7. Bangladesh were now in danger of posting a low total but Mehidy Hasan’s cameo innings put Bangladesh ahead as they posted a target of 167 runs in 20 overs.
8. India were not disappointed with this effort as they knew they had a strong batting unit but they were in for a surprise.
9. The Indian openers Dhawan and Rohit took charge at the crease. Both of them shared a partnership of 32 after which Dhawan departed off Shakib’s bowling.
10. Raina came in looking to boost the run rate but he edged out to Rubel Hossain’s excellent bowling. The batsman scored a duck in the final. Bad luck maybe?
11. Indian batting runs deep and this was proved by the partnership between KL Rahul and Rohit who shared a 51-run partnership before Rahul departed off Rubel Hossain’s bowling followed by Rohit Sharma who gave his wicket to Nazmul Islam.
12. Pandey and Shankar 35-run partnership to bring India closer to victory but Bangladesh took two wickets in little time to take the upper hand in this match.
13. Only two balls were left in the last over and Shankar was on strike but he holed out to Sarkar and gave his wicket.
14. But, this was the cardinal sin that Bangladesh did as not Dinesh Karthik was on strike and India needed 5 runs off 1 ball. It seemed that Karthik had gotten the power off Dhoni as he put a full ball outside off off-stump to six and won the match for India.
15. Bangladeshi players were inconsolable as they had come so close to victory but Karthik denied them that. It was a nail biting match and really it came down to luck in the end and it was on India’s side in the end.
Mushfiqur Rahim †
Shakib Al Hasan
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
RG Sharma (c)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk|