ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Army athletes have won the Korean Ambassador National Taekwondo Championship, which was played at Aamir Boxing Hall, Pakistan Sports Complex.
Army grabbed 16 gold medals, WAPDA claimed second position with three gold medals while Pakistan Air Force (PAF) spotted at third position with two gold medals.
Teams from Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtoonkawa (KPK), Army, WAPDA, PAF, Navy, Gilgit Baltistan, Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Islamabad participated in top national taekwondo showpiece.
Shahzaib from Pakistan Air Force was declared best athlete of the event and also awarded Rs.50,000 cash award. Shamim Akhtar, President PTF Women Wing has also awarded Rs.20,000 to Haroon and Shahzaib on their outstanding performance.
- 1st Position: Pakistan Army – 16 x Gold, 7 x Silver & 6 x Bronze Medal (Total 580 Points)
- 2nd Position: Pakistan WAPDA – 3 x Gold, 10 x Silver & 12 x Bronze Medals (Total 345 Points)
- 3rd Position: Air Force – 2 x Gold, 4 x Silver and 10 x Bronze Medals (Total 206 points)
Junior Khyrougi Competitions
- 1st Position: KPK – 2 x Gold, 2 x Silver & 1 x Bronze Medal (Total 60 Points)
- 2nd Position: Sindh – 2 x Gold and 1 x Silver Medals (Total 40 Points)
- 3rd Position: Pakistan Air Force – 3 x Silver and 2 x Bronze Medals (Total 40 points)
Cadet Khyrougi Competitions
- Ist Position: Islamabad – 1 x Gold, 4 x Silver & 2 x Bronze Medal (Total 67 Points)
- 2nd Position: Pakistan Air Force – 1 x Gold, 1 x Silver & 3 x Bronze Medals (Total 41 Points)
- 3rd Position: Sindh – 1 x Gold, 1 x Silver and 2 x Bronze Medals (Total 35 points)Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
The event was organised by PTF – Pakistan Taekwondo Federation with the support of Omar Associate, AF Powertek Engineering FZC, Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Ltd, NLC and Korean Embassy.
Kwak Sung-Kyu, Ambassador Republic of Korea, Islamabad at the closing ceremony was the chief guest. Raja Waseem Ahmed, President PTF was also present during this ceremony.