2019 Davis Cup Qualifiers: Draws Finalized
LONDON: The ITF and Kosmos Tennis have confirmed the last two ties for the 2019 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Qualifiers following a draw ceremony at the ITF offices in London.
Kazakhstan will be at home to Portugal, while Slovakia will be at home to Canada.
The 2019 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Qualifiers will be held on 1-2 February 2019 at 12 locations around the world. The 12 winning nations in the Qualifiers will compete in the 2019 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas finals at La Caja Magica in Madrid on 18-24 November. They will join the four countries that reached the semifinals this year (France, Croatia, United States and Spain) and two wildcards (Argentina and Great Britain) in the new 18-team season finale.
Portugal and Slovakia were the final two nations to advance to the Qualifiers from the Europe/Africa region based on the Davis Cup Nations Ranking of Monday 29 October following the 2018 Europe/Africa Zone Group I play-offs. In the play-offs, Portugal defeated South Africa 4-0 on 19-20 October, and Slovakia defeated Belarus 3-1 on 26-27 October.
The full draw is as follows:
2019 Qualifiers (1-2 February)
- Brazil (c) v Belgium (s)
- Uzbekistan (c) v Serbia (s)
- Australia (s) (c) (*) v Bosnia/Herzegovina
- India (c) v Italy (s)
- Germany (s) (c) v Hungary
- Switzerland (s) (c) v Russia
- Kazakhstan (s) (c) (*) v Portugal
- Czech Republic (s) (c) v Netherlands
- Colombia (c) (*) v Sweden (s)
- Austria (s) (c) v Chile
- Slovakia (c) v Canada (s)
- China, P.R. (c) v Japan (s)
(s) denotes seeded nation, (c) denotes choice of ground, (*) denotes choice of ground determined by lot
According to ITF rules, Qualifier ties will consist of four singles rubbers and one doubles rubber with all matches played over the best-of-three tiebreak sets. Two singles rubbers will be played on Friday 1 February, with the doubles followed by the two reverse singles rubbers on Saturday 2 February.
World Tennis Rankings – 22nd October ’18: Nadal Retains Top Spot
Davis Cup In Brief
- Davis Cup by BNP Paribas is the World Cup of Tennis.
- It is the largest annual international team competition in sport, with 127 nations taking part in 2018.
- The competition is 118 years old, having been founded in 1900.
- In 2019, the all-new Davis Cup by BNP Paribas finals will be hosted at the iconic La Caja Magica in Madrid, Spain.
- The title sponsor is BNP Paribas (Official Bank of Davis Cup).
International sponsors are:
– Rolex (Official Timekeeper)
– Adecco (Official HR Sponsor)
– Head (Official Ball) is an international partner
– beIN SPORTS is the Official Global Media Rights Partner.
- Twenty-four nations will contest the Qualifiers on 1-2 February, competing in 12 locations around the world on a home-and-away basis.
- The 12 winning teams will join the 2018 semi-finalists plus two wild card teams in an 18-nation Davis Cup season finale.
For further press enquiries Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The story is from the press release of ITF and slight editing has been done by Allsportspk editorial staff.
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk