The new year 2020 is just around the corner and we all know what that means. A new year means time to renew our pledges and resolutions that most of us usually abandon within the first three months, but hey, no one is judging anyone here. You do you.
Fitness usually ranks at the top of new year resolutions all over the globe. In fact, 3 out of the top 5 commitments are health and fitness related. These include; losing weight via exercise (20%), losing weight via diet (18%) and become overall healthy (11%).
As anyone who has ever set a new year target for themselves must know, keeping track of the progress is the most important and most difficult part of any such resolution. Fortunately for us, technological advances have come with a unique innovation to coordinate and streamline the whole fitness tracking process.
Fitness bands are a relatively new addition to wearable gadgets. These lightweight armbands are armed with a number of sensors and can provide lots of tracking data on a number of health indicators such as a number of calories burnt, footsteps paces, distance covered, heart rate and blood glucose level among many others.
Keeping up with the healthy spirit of holidays and new year traditions, Allsportspk has compiled a list of top-notch quality and affordable fitness bands for you to invest in ahead of the holidays and new year shopping.
Note: As Allsportspk has no financial interests involved in featuring any particular brand of the product so all products listed are compared strictly for the value they provide and no brand promotion is intended via this write-up.
Factors to consider when buying a fitness band
- Price: Most good quality bands fall somewhere between the price range of $75 – $ 100, so make your choice according to your budget.
- Style: As a fitness band is something that you will be wearing for most of the day so the style and appearance of the band should also be considered.
- Comfort: An ideal activity band is made of very lightweight material that is equally durable and comfortable to wear for longer periods.
- Features: Fitness trackers come with a lot of features and functions ranging from simple steps trackers to those armed with glucose and blood pressure meters.
- Compatibility: Fitness trackers are usually paired with a mobile device to receive data and monitor vital signs. Make sure that your choice of tracker should pair nicely with your current and future devices and has support for multiple brands.
Top Five Fitness Bands as of December 2023
1. Fitbit Charge 3
With its lightweight design fibrous structure and ample display, Fitbit Charge 3 is a definite improvement from Fitbit Charge 2. Although a bit on steep side price-wise, Charge 3 is currently the most selling band across all fitness stores.
- Pros: Lightweight, stylish design, large display, six days batter life, all mobile OS compatibility
- Cons: No GPS, Greyscale display, pricy
- Features: Waterproof, heart rate, steps counter
2. Garmin Vivosmart 4
Garmin has established itself as a reliable name in the world of wearable gadgets and Vivosmart 4 is its current flagship tracker.
- Pros: Long battery life, slick design, full mobile compatibility
- Cons: No GPS, compromised durability
- Features: LED display, heartbeat tracker, waterproof
3. Apple Watch Series 5
Apple users have a unique and sometimes inexplicable sense of brand loyalty when it comes to the tech giant’s different product. Apple Watch Series 5 is the top of the line both in terms of price and functionality but mostly preferred by Apple loyalists.
- Pros: Accurate tracking, smooth performance, Mac interface
- Cons: Pricey, low battery life
- Features: GPS, activity tracker, non-fitness functions (slideshow, call function)
4. Xiaomi Mi Band 4
Xiaomi may not have that much brand recognition in the wider world but it one of the top tech giants in China and other Asian markets. Xiaomi is known for developing low-priced and good quality gadgets and Mi Band 4 is no exception.
- Pros: Touch color display, slick design, very low price, 3 weeks battery life
- Cons: No GPS, slightly lagged performance,
- Features: waterproof, heart rate, and activity tracker,
5. Samsung Galaxy Fit
Samsung has managed to make a name for itself outside the traditional smartphone manufacturing sector. Just like Apple, Samsung also has an existing market for its products and Galaxy Fit can be considered a top of the line product by the South Korean tech giant.
- Pros: Accurate performance, Large display, long battery life
- Cons: Bulky appearance, dual apps interface required
- Features: all fitness activity tracker, GPS, calorie counter
The published content is only for information purposes, therefore, it should not be construed as a final health and fitness advice. Even if the content is correct the readers and/or users are advised to seek professional medical advice. Never ignore or delay a professional medical advice because of something you have read.
For regular updates visit : Allsportspk