Champions Trophy Semi’s Peek Review: Pak – The Unpredictable crush Eng – The Unbeatable for the Final
Match: Pakistan vs England
Date: 14th June
Ground: Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Toss won by: Pakistan and decided to field
Result: Pakistan won by 8 wickets
Man of Match: Hasan Ali, Pakistan
1st Team Play: England 211 for 49.5 Overs
Performers: Batsman – J.E. Root 46, J.M. Bairstow 43.
Bowlers – Hasan Ali 3 for 35, Junaid Khan 2 for 42, Rumman Raees 2 for 44.
2nd Team Play: Pakistan 215 for 2 in 37.1 Overs
– Performers: Batsman – Azhar Ali 76, Fakhar Zaman 57.
- It was a match between unpredictable vs unbeatable sides.
- Muhammad Amir effected by back injury replaced by Rumman Raees. Shadab Khan also replaced Faheem Ashraf.
- English side Jonny Bairstow replaced Jason Roy.
- Dominant were Pakistan bowlers – Hasan Ali, Junaid Khan and Rumman Raees.
- England posted a meagre total of 212 for Pakistan
- Opening partnership of Azhar and Fakhar of 118 set the foundation.
- It was not England’s day could not compete Pakistan in any of the departments.
- England captain Eoin Morgan thought that England failed to adjust to the pitch.
- Finalist Pakistan to face India or Bangladesh.
Pakistan: Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, Rumman Raees, Sarfraz Ahmed – Captain, Shadab Khan, Shoaib Malik
England: A.D. Hales, A.U. Rashid, B.A. Stokes, E.J.G. Morgan – Captain, J.M. Bairstow, J.E. Root, J.C. Buttler, J.T. Ball, L.E. Plunkett, M.M. Ali, M.A. Wood,
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk