Commonwealth Games 2018 – Day 6: Highlights and Medal Standing
- Australian athletes led from the front as their athletes showed an all-round performance to claim 8 medals in the Athleticsevent.
- India’s Manish Kaushik beat Calum French in the Boxing 60kg quarterfinal event to cement his spot in the semifinals.
On the other hand, Samoa’s Ato Plodzicki ended Pakistan’s Awais Ali Khan journey as he won by unanimous decision to win the 60kg quarterfinal event.
- The Diving event saw mixed results as Australian, English and Malaysian athletes claimed Gold from three different events held today.
- The Lawn Bowls Mixed B2/B3 Pairs Gold Medal Match was won by Australia who beat South Africa to claim the Gold medal.
- Diamanto Evripidou claimed an all-round Gold medal in the Rhythmic Gymnastics event followed by Malaysian athletes Kwan Dict Weng and Sie Yan Koi who managed to win Silver and Bronze respectively.
- The Women’s shooting double-trap finals Shooting event saw India’s Shreyasi Singh claiming Gold in the match followed by Australia’s Emma Cox and Scotland’s Linda Pearson who won Silver and bronze respectively.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk