On Day-10 of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, two matches were played, and eighteen out of twenty group matches have been played as of now.
South Africa, India, Australia and England are the teams that have made through to the semi-final stage.
On day-11 of the Women’s World Cup, the following games from Group B will be played:
- Pakistan Women vs Thailand Women
- South Africa Women vs West Indies Women
The Day-10 two match overview is as follows:
| Match #17 |
Bangladesh Women vs Sri lanka Women
Toss won by: Bangladesh Women
|Bangladesh Women’s Innings: 91/8 (20 Overs, RR: 4.55)|
|– Batting: Nigar Sultana 39 off 45 balls|
| – Bowling: HASD Siriwardene 4/16 in 4 overs and WGAKK Kulasuriya 2/19 in 3 |
|Target: 92 runs from 20 overs|
|Sri lanka Women’s Innings: 92/1(15.1 Overs, RR: 5.93)|
|– Batting: GWHM Perera 39 off 43 balls and AC Jayangani 30 off 22 balls|
|– Bowling: Nahida Akhter 1/18 in 3.3 overs|
Result: Sri Lanka Women won by 5 wickets
|Player of the Match: Shashika Siriwardene|
| Match #18|
Australia Women vs New Zealand Women
Toss won by:New Zealand Women
|Australia Women’s Innings: 155/5 (20 Overs, RR: 7.75)|
|– Batting: BL Mooney 60 off 50 balls and Ellyse Perry 21 off 15 balls|
|– Bowling: AM Peterson 2/31 in 4 overs|
|Target: 156 runs from 20 overs|
|New Zealand Women Innings: 151/7 (20 overs, RR: 7.55)|
|– Batting: KJ Martin 37 off 18 balls and SFM Devine 31 off 36 balls|
| – Bowling: G Wareham 3/17 in 4 overs and M Schutt 3/28 in 4 overs |
Result: Australia Women won by 4 runs
Player of the match: Georgia Wareham
Day 10-Points Table
- The Indian Women having won four out of four games are top of the table.
- The Australian Women are second now after marginally winning against the Kiwis. Australia have too made it to the semis as they complete their quota of the games of the group stage.
- New Zealand Women are out of the tournament as well after a crucial loss against Australia Women.
- Bangladesh Women and Sri lanka Women too completed their quota of games today and the Lankans’ win in this encounter meant that they would not finish at the bottom of the table. Sri Lanka finish fourth while Bangladesh finish fifth.
- The South Africa Women’s close win over Pakistan Women ensured their place in the semi-finals. They have now won three out of three of their games and look all set to top Group B. They will most probably be playing either of New Zealand or Australia in their semis if they end up beating West Indies in their last group game as well.
- England beat West Indies to complete their group stage games and are top of the table now. They may finish second depending upon the Proteas’ game who are favorites on-paper to beat West Indies. They will either be facing India or either of New Zealand in the Semi-final.
- West Indies and Pakistan both lost their crucial games today and are therefore out of the tournament. Both will have a chance against South Africa and West indies respectively to finish the tournament on a high and get at least a consolation win.
- Thailand have been winless so far and will play their last group stage game against Pakistan on 3rd March.
For Day-11 Updates and other Sports News, keep following Allsportspk