On Day-9 of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, two matches were played, and sixteen out of twenty-three group matches have been played as of now.
South Africa, India and England are the teams that are through to the semi-finals so far. The fourth team will be either New Zealand or Australia
On Day-10 of the Women’s World Cup, the following game from Group A will be played:
- Bangladesh Women vs Sri Lanka Women
- New Zealand Women vs Australia Women
The Day-9 two match overview is as follows:
| Match #15 |
South Africa Women vs Pakistan Women
Toss won by: South Africa Women
|South Africa Women’s Innings: 136/6 (20 Overs, RR: 6.8)|
|– Batting: Laura Wolvaardt 53 off 36 balls and M Kapp 31 off 32 balls|
|– Bowling: Diana Baig 2/19 in 4 overs|
|Target: 137 runs from 20 overs|
|Pakistan Women’s Innings: 119/5 (20 Overs, RR: 5.95)|
|– Batting: Aliya Riaz 39 off 32 balls and Javeria Khan 31 off 34 balls|
| – Bowling: N Mlaba 1/20 in 4 overs, D van Niekerk 1/17 in 4 overs and S Ismail |
1/17 in 4 overs
|Result: South Africa Women won by 17 runs|
|Player of the Match: Laura Wolvaardt|
| Match #16 |
West Indies Women vs England Women
Toss won by:England Women
|England Women’s Innings: 143/5 (20 Overs, RR: 7.15)|
|– Batting: Diana Wyatt 29 off 27 balls and NR Sciver 57 off 56 balls|
|– Bowling: SC Selman 1/23 in 4 overs and A Mohammed 1/23 in 4 overs|
|Target: 159 runs from 20 overs|
|West Indies Women Innings: 97/10 (17.1 overs, RR: 5.56)|
|– Batting: Lagl Kirby 20 off 15 balls|
| – Bowling: S Ecclestone 3/7 in 3.1 overs and A Glenn 2/16 in 4 overs |
Result: England Women won by 46 runs
Player of the match: Natalie Sciver
|Day 9-Points Table|
Points Table Overview
- The Indian Women remain unbeaten after four games and have top the Group A. They will play the team finishing second in Group B in the semi-finals.
- The New Zealand Women won an important game against Bangladesh to keep themselves in the contest. They will have an important face-off against Australia and the team that wins will finish second and make it through to the semis.
- The Australian women are third and they need to beat New Zealand in what can technically be called a quarter-final as well.
- Both Bangladesh and Sri Lankan Women have been eliminated from the contest and they will be playing a rather meaningless game two days later.
- The South Africa Women’s close win over Pakistan Women ensured their place in the semi-finals. They have now won three out of three of their games and look all set to top Group B. They will most probably be playing either of New Zealand or Australia in their semis if they end up beating West Indies in their last group game as well.
- England beat West Indies to complete their group stage games and are top of the table now. They may finish second depending upon the Proteas’ game who are favorites on-paper to beat West Indies. They will either be facing India or either of New Zealand or Australia in the Semi-final.
- West Indies and Pakistan both lost their crucial games today and are therefore out of the tournament. Both will have a chance against South Africa and Thailand respectively to finish the tournament on a high and get at least a consolation win.
- Thailand have been winless so far and will play their last group stage game against Pakistan on 3rd March.
For Day-10 Updates and Other Sports News, keep following Allsportspk