|India vs New Zealand-5th T20I|
|Date: 2 February 2020|
|Venue: Mount Maunganui|
|Umpires: Chris Brown and Shaun Haig|
|Toss won by: India|
|India’s Innings: 163/3 (20 Overs, RR: 8.15)|
|– Batting: KL Rahul 45 off 33 balls, Rohit Sharma 60* off 41 balls and Shreyas Iyer 33* off 31 balls|
|– Bowling: SC Kuggeleijn 2/25 in 4 overs and H Bennett 1/21 in 4 overs|
|Target: 164 runs from 20 overs|
|New Zealand’s Innings: 156/9 (20 overs, RR: 7.8)|
|– Batting: Ross Taylor 53 off 47 balls and T Seifert 50 off 30 balls|
|– Bowling: Jasprit Bumrah 3/12 in 4 overs, NA Saini 2/23 in 4 overs|
|Result: India win by 7 runs and Whitewash Series 5-0|
|Man of the Match: Jasprit Bumrah|
- India again rested Ravindra Jadeja and Mohammad Shami. Virat Kohli was also resting, thereby, Rohit Sharma captained. The young Washington Sundar, Sanju Samson and NA Saini were placed as replacements, which was probably since India already had a 4-0 edge in the series.
- The Indian innings was given an early blow when Sanju Samson was struck by Kuggeleijn after scoring just 2 off 5 balls. This marked back to back failures for the young Sanju.
- Rohit Sharma joined KL Rahul and India was then off to a blistering start as they were 53/1 after the first mandatory powerplay.
- They attacked Tim Southee the most who was being smacked all over the park before KL Rahul was dismissed after scoring 45 off 33 balls when India was on 96 runs.
- India completed its 100 in just 11.5 overs. Shreyas Iyer had joined Rohit Sharma.
- Rohit Sharma too completed his half-century, becoming the player with the most 50+ scores in T20Is.
- At the score of 60, Rohit Sharma was struck so hard that he had to go off the field. India were 138 at this point.
- Shivam Dube joined Iyer but he too was dismissed for a meagre 5 runs off 6 balls by Kuggeleijn. Last match’s man of the match, Manish Pandey walked in.
- Manish played a short cameo of 11 runs off 4 balls while Iyer played a steady 33 run innings off 31 balls, leading India to a rather reasonable total of 163/3.
The Indian Innings terminated with a target of 164 runs
New Zealand Innings
- The New Zealand innings too got an early blow when Martin Guptill’s leg was caught before wicket on Jasprit Bumrah’s bowl and he got out for scoring just 2 runs.
- Colin Munro continued to play aggressively, however, he too was cleaned up by Washington Sundar after scoring 15 off 6. Both the openers were back to the pavilion already.
- TC Bruce was too undone at the same score as New Zealand were 17/3. They had lost 3 wickets within the first 4 overs.
- TL Seifert and Ross Taylor came to stabilize the New Zealand innings and the Black Caps were 41/3 after the mandatory powerplay.
- They both completed the 50-run stand for the fourth wicket partnership as the Kiwis got closer to the target.
- They played so aggressively that New Zealand too crossed the 100-run mark within just 10.3 overs.
- Seifert scored a great 50 off 30 balls, soon after which he was dismissed by Saini.
- DJ Mitchell walked in, but he could not do much as he too was cleaned up for a duck. The Kiwis had lost the plot midway again as they were 119/5.
- Mitchell Santner was too dismissed by Bumrah and New Zealand were in deep trouble and needed Ross Taylor to take the team home who just completed his half-century of just 42 balls.
- New Zealand too lost their last hope as Ross Taylor was undone by Saini and he got out after scoring 53 off 47 balls.
- Southee and Kuggeleijn both were too dismissed in a quick succession as NZ were 141/9 and were all set to suffer a 5-0 loss at their home.
- Ish Sodhi provided a short cameo to give reduce the margin as New Zealand too lost the last game by 7 runs
- India completely dominated over the Kiwis as they clean-swept them 5-0.
India win the last T20 as well as they complete a dominating series with a 5-0 win