England Vs Australia Only T20
||England Vs Australia
| Match Basics
|Only T20: England Vs Australia
|Date: 27th June, 2018
|Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham
|Umpires: Michael Gough, Alex Wharf
|Toss won by: Australia , elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|England’s Innings: 221/5 (20 Overs, RR: 11.05)
|Batting: Jason Roy 44 off 26 balls, Jos Buttler 61 off 30 balls, Alex Hales 49 off 24 balls, Joe Root 35 off 24 balls.
|Bowling: MJ Swepson 2/37 in 4 overs, MP Stoinis 1/9 in 1 over
|Target: 222 runs from 20 overs.
|Australia’s Innings: 193 all out (19.4 Overs, RR: 9.81)
|Batting: Aaron Finch 84 off 41 balls, Ashton Agar 29 off 23 balls, Andrew Tyw 20 off 11 balls
|Bowling: David Willey 1/31 in 4 overs, Chris Jordan 3/42 in 4 overs, Liam Plunkett 2/34 in 3.4 overs, Adil Rashid 3/27 in 4 overs
|Result: England Win by 28 runs
|Man of the Match: Adil Rashid
|Highlights & Analysis
|England Vs Australia: 1st Innings
- Australia’s captain, Aaron Finch chose to field first on a pitch that was going to aid batsmen.
- Mitchell Swepson made his debut for Australia as Aussies looked to rattle England with spin. Jason Roy and Jos Buttler came out to bat. Billy Stanlake was given the new ball by Finch.
- Roy displayed his aggression from the start forcing Finch to make and early change and bring on Agar and Swepson from the other end.
- However, this did not affect England, as Buttler and Agar brought up their 50 run stand in 5 overs.
- Frequent changes in bowling were now being made by the Australian captain but English batsmen were unmoved as they continued their assault.
- In no time, the in-form Buttler reached his fifty in 22 balls, thus breaking the record of the fastest fifty previously made by Ravi Bopara in 23 balls.
- Both batsmen took this partnership to 92 runs. This is when Swepson was induced into the attack.
- Buttler departed off the spinners bowling as Morgan joined Roy.
- Roy’s assault also came to end as he was denied his fifty by Billy Stanlake who got his first wicket of the match.
- Alex Hales joined Morgan. Both batsmen could only share a partnership 24 runs as Swepson struck again to get rid of Eoin Morgan.
- Joe Root joined Alex Hales. A sensible and aggressive partnership was shared between the two batsmen as England crossed 200 runs.
- With only 2 overs to go, Marcus Stoinis denied Alex Hales a well deserved fifty as England lost their 4th wicket.
- Bairstow joined Root. Both batsmen added some valuable runs as Root got run out in the last over and Johnny Bairstow finished the innings with a six.
- England ended their innings on 221 runs for the loss of 5 wickets.
England Vs Australia: 2nd Innings
- Australia needed 222 runs to win this T20 against England. The captain Aaron Finch and Short opened the innings and David Willey started it off for England.
- Short got off to a flying start but Morgan’s tactic to bring Plunkett early on in the attack worked as Short lost his wicket.
- Maxwell joined Finch. But, the explosive batsman got out in the very next over; courtesy of Chris Jordan’s curling out swinger.
- Travis Head joined Finch. Both batsmen added 30 runs to the total and this partnership was now starting looking destructive for England.
- This is when Moeen Ali was brought into the attack and Travis Head departed in an effort to hit the ball over the ropes.
- Alex Carey joined Finch. But in the very next over Carey departed off Rashid’s bowling followed by Stoinis and suddenly Australia were 5 wickets down with still needing 139 runs to win this match.
- Ashton Agar joined Finch and this is when the Australian captain went berserk on the English to bring up his 27 ball fifty.
- Finch continued to attack spinners and he was well supported by Agar to put up a 66 run stand.
- The Australian captain was doing his best to display his prowess in an England Vs Australia match but he couldn’t go on as he departed off Rashid’s bowling and England Vs Australia match became one sided.
- Tye joined Agar. But this partnership lasted only one over as Jordan took two wickets in two balls to get rid of Agar and the new man Richardson.
- Australia required 45 runs to win this match but England only conceded only 16 runs off the last overs and bowled Australia to win the match by 28 runs.
This is the end of England Vs Australia 1st T20. Keep visiting Allsportspk for more cricketing updates.
EJG Morgan (Cpt.)
JC Buttler (Wkt.)
AJ Finch (Cpt.)
AT Carey (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!