A total of 4 matches were played today of the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018 friendly matches. The Match wise highlights of all 5 matches are appended below.
Match Wise Highlights
Match 1 of 4: Australia Vs Czech Republic
Result: 4 – 0
- Australia: Leckie 32′, 72′, Nabbout 54′, Jugas 80′ (OG)
- Australia took their FIFA World Cup 2018 preparations up a notch as they handed a humiliating loss to Czechs.
- Czech Republic didn’t qualify for the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia as they finished behind Northern Island in the qualification race.
- And, the loss today summed up their journey in their race to the FIFA World Cup 2018 which had already ended.
- Australia managed to take the lead in the 1st half as Leckie scored the opening goal at the 32nd minute.
- Czech Republic took their chances but were unable to score as the 1st half ended with the scoreboard being 0 – 0.
- Australia were in the lead however, it seemed like they weren’t content with the score line.
- So, Australia’s lead striker Andrew Nebitt stepped up to the occasion as his 54th minute goal extended Australia’s lead by 2 goals.
- Czechs were trying to score but they were continuously failing to score due to Australia’s superior defense tactics.
- On the other hand, Australia looked pretty keen to extend their lead as Matthew Leckie scored his 2nd goal of the match at the 72nd minute to make it 3 – 0.
- Less than 30 minutes were remaining in the match and Czech Republic were now looking for a consoling goal.
- However, on the contrary Czech player Jakub Jugas scored an own goal at the 80th minute as the total score became 4 – 0.
- This score remained the same till the end as Australia handed a record loss to Czech Republic.
Match 2 of 4: South Korea Vs Bosnia and Herzegovina
Result: 1 – 3
- South Korea: Lee Jae-sung 30′
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Edin Visca 28′, 45+1′, 79′
- Both South Korea and Bosnia had been able to qualify for the FIFA World Cup 2018 as both teams faced each other in a friendly today.
- Having won their last match against Honduras, South Korea looked determined to continue their winning pattern against Bosnia.
- However, Bosnia were in no mood of losing to the Koreans as they displayed sensational football play today and won the match by 3 – 1.
- Bosnia managed to take the lead in the 1st half of the match. As, their right winger Edin Visca managed to score at the 28th
- But, Koreans were fast in their reaction as Lee Jae-sung struck two minutes later to level the score.
- The ball was not staying in any team’s possession for a long time, and that is why this match was becoming interesting by every passing minute.
- The first half was coming to an end as the scores were level. And, in the extra minute before the end of the 1st half Edin Visca scored his 2nd goal to put Bosnia in the lead.
- In the 2nd half, Korea again looked to level the score but instead Visca completed his hattrick as he netted the ball at the 79th
- The score was now 3 – 1 and it was Bosnia who was leading in this match. South Korea tried to make a comeback but it didn’t happen as the match ended with Bosnia the clear winners.
Match 3 of 4: Georgia Vs Malta
Result: 1 – 0
- Georgia: Guram Kashia 89′ (P)
- Both Georgia and Malta hadn’t been able to qualify for the FIFA World Cup 2018 which is scheduled to happen in Russia.
- And, so winning these warm-up matches was a chance for them to console themselves.
- It was a tight match between Georgia and Malta as the former team beat the latter one by 1 goal.
- No goals were scored in the 1st half by any team as it ended with the score being 0 – 0.
- Both teams had showed excellent defensive play in the 1st And they continued to display the same play in the 2nd half too.
- However, luck tilted towards Georgia as they got a penalty in the dying moments of the game.
- Guram Kashia was the man who took the shot and he managed to score off it as Georgia won the match by one goal.
Match 4 of 4: Tunisia Vs Turkey
Result: 1 – 1
- Tunisia: Anice Badri 56′, Ferjani Sassi 79′
- Turkey: Cenk Tosun 54′ (P) ,Cagglar Soyuncu 90′
- Tunisia showed the world the reason they qualified for the FIFA World Cup 2018 as they drew the match with an in-form Turkey by 2 – 2.
- The possession was dominated by Tunisia in the whole match and that’s why they created more chances than Turkey.
- However, despite these stats Tunisia couldn’t manage to score a goal in the 1st half and neither did Turkey as the score was 0 – 0.
- After the break the 2nd half started and luck favored Turkey as they got a penalty which was scored by Cenk Tosun as Turkey took the lead in the match.
- However, Tunisia were swift in their attack as it was Aince Badri who scored 56 minutes later and the scores were now level.
- Attacks continued from both teams as 30 minutes of play was still left in the match. Both teams were trying to score and it was Tunisia who were successful in their objective.
- Ferjani Sassi was the man who netted the ball at the 79th minute and Tunisia were now leading by 1 goal with the total score being 2 – 1.
- With 10 minutes of play left, all Tunisia had to do was prevent Turkey from scoring another goal.
- However, in an unfortunate turn of events Cagglar Soyuncu scored a goal at the 90th minute as the scores became level at 2 – 2.
- Extra time was awarded by the referee but no tie-breaking goal was scored as the match ended in a draw.
That is it for today. Do visit us tomorrow for more FIFA World Cup 2018, International Friendly Matches Highlights.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk