The Bundesliga week 22 featured Dortmund getting back to its dominating winning ways and FC Bayern winning its game too after drawing with RB Leipzig. The main highlights were:
- The most watched game was between Bayern and FC Koln, where Bayern Munich walloped FC Koln 4-1. Serge Gnabry scored two goals to show his important in this Bayern side.
- Dortmund too pulverized Eintracht 4-0 to get back in the form. It now looks all set to make a great comeback in the league.
- RB Leipzig too got back to winning ways and beat Werder 3-0.
- Wolfsburg too played a great high scoring game against Hoffenheim and won 3-2. Wolfsburg has finally won its second game in the last six games it has played.
- Union Berlin lost to Bayer Leverkusen 2-3, while Hertha too pipped Paderborn 2-1.
- Monchengladbach thrashed Fortuna 4-1 and is well amongst the top despite playing a game less than others.
- Mainz vs Schalke ended as a goalless game as the score line remain untouched and the match drew 0-0.
Week 22- Points Table
Points Table Overview
- Bayern retain their top spot after completely dominating FC Koln. They are still just one point clear of the second placed team, RB Leipzig. Bayern have been on top for the past three weeks now and their resistance is seemingly unstoppable after their remarkable comeback.
- RB Leipzig needs to keep winning all its matches and hope that Bayern at least ties any of its games to make them lead the table and overcome this one point deficit.
- Dortmund retain their third spot after a spectacular win against Eintracht. Dortmund are not far from the second spot being just three and four points short of the second and first place respectively. Their captain, Marco Reus earlier announced that the team will comeback and the team has, from since them climbed six positions already.
- Monchengladbach are fourth, however, they have played one game less. There win in the last game has too proven to be significant in helping them retain the fourth spot. They have already made a mark in this tournament unlike their previous runs and let’s see how far they go in this year’s campaign.
- Wolfsburg has climbed to the ninth spot after their win in the last game. Wolfsburg has been not doing so well in this year’s campaign unlike previous years’ .Eintracht has dropped to the tenth spot instead.
- Fortuna, Werder and Paderborn are on the verge of relegation and need to pull off some great performances in order to escape the relegation and make a comeback into this tournament.
Keep following Allsportspk for Football and other Sports Updates