The Week 23 of La Liga featured several important games. Allsportspk presents the main highlights:
- Barcelona won an important game against Real Betis after being 2-1 down. Busquets and Lenglet provided Barca with important goals, leading to a 3-2 victory. Interestingly, both teams even got a red card apiece.
- Real Madrid, on the other hand thrashed Osasuna 4-1 to remain top of the table. Osasuna started the scoring for the match, however, Real Madrid bounced back by scoring consecutive goals to get back in the game and showed how thoroughly they deserved to win this important contest. Madrid’s Thibaut Courtois won the player of the month award as well.
- Getafe FC continued its comeback run and thrashed Valencia 3-0.
- Atletico Madrid pipped Granada 1-0 to take a huge upward stride in the points table.
- Real Sociedad too pipped Atletico Bilbao 2-1 to stay amongst the top 5.
- Sevilla lost its game consecutively, this time against Celta Vigo 1-2 to drop 3 points and go downwards in the points table.
- Levante beat Leganes 2-0, Alaves beat Eibar 2-1 and Valladolid and Villareal’s game drew after both teams scored one goal each.
Week 23 – Points Table
Points Table Overview
- Real Madrid retain their top spot after they beat Osasuna 4-1. Their goal difference is also +3 than Barca’s.
- FC Barcelona did get 3 points, but they still must hope that Real Madrid loses at least one game to level their points with Real and get back on the top spot.
- Atletico Madrid climbed to the fourth spot, overdoing Sevilla and Real Sociedad after winning an important game against Granada FC.
- Getafe is still on 3rd after its important win in its last game.
- Valencia dropped to the 7th spot while both Sevilla and Real Sociedad have dropped a spot each, to 5th and 6th respectively.
- Celta Vigo won its important game and is now kind of safe from relegation. The teams that are now on the verge of relegation are Mallorca, Leganes and Espanyol.
Keep following Allsportspk for regular Football and Sports Updates.