The Week 26 of La Liga saw Real Madrid getting back on the top spot after beating their arch-rivals FC Barcelona. Allsportspk main highlights are:
- Real Madrid clinched a very crucial 2-0 victory over FC Barcelona getting back on the top of the table after a brief wait of just one week. After what was an evenly poised game throughout, Vinicius Junior and the newcomer Mariano Diaz made the difference for Real Madrid leading them to a very important win. Interestingly, in all the encounters of both these teams, both have won the same amount of matches apiece.
- In the game between Espanyol and Atletico Madrid, although the game drew 1-1, both goals were scored by the Atletico Madrid players. In the 24th minute, Stefan Savic scored an own goal into the opponent’s net giving Espanyol an early lead of 1-0. Atletico bounced back, courtesy of a great goal by Saul Niguez equalling the scoreline 1-1. The score line remained to be the same throughout and the match drew 1-1.
- Real Sociedad pipped Valladolid 1-0, so did Getafe to Mallorca with the same score line of 1-0. Moreover, Leganes vs Alaves too ended on a score line of 1-1 as well, with both teams sharing a point apiece.
- Eibar thrashed Levante 3-0 while Athletic Bilbao marginally beat Villareal 1-0.
- Granada vs Celta Vigo’s game featured no goals and the game drew at 0-0.
- Finally, Sevilla beat the ten-men Osasuna 3-2. The match was 2-2 for most of the time but a 93rd minute goal by Youssef En-Nesyri who had also scored one in the 13th minute as well to give Sevilla an invaluable lead and Sevilla went on the win that game as well.
Week 26- Points Table
Points Table Overview
- Real Madrid are back on the top after a great win over FC Barcelona. The goal difference between both the teams is the same and Madrid just leads by a solitary point. The head to head is still in favor of Real Madrid and may play an important part in deciding who would win the league if both the teams end with the same goal difference and points.
- Barcelona are second and just a one point behind Zinedine Zidane’s Madrid. They need to keep winning their games in order to remain the contender to win the league.
- Sevilla have bounced to the third place from fourth after their win against Osasuna. They trail by nine points from the second spot and by ten from the first. They still have a long way to go even to maintain their place amongst the top four.
- Getafe FC has also climbed to the fourth place and are just one point short of the third spot as well. They too need to keep putting up great performances to at least maintain the top four position.
- Atletico Madrid have dropped to the fifth place from third despite just drawing a game. This clearly shows how tough is the fight is from third position onwards and the teams need to keep putting good shows in order to at least grab the third and fourth spot and make it to the UEFA Champions League.
- Real Sociedad and Valencia both retain their sixth and seventh spot respectively.
- Celta Vigo drew its important game and is now kind of safe from relegation. The teams that are now on the verge of relegation are Mallorca, Leganes and Espanyol.
For more Football and Sports Updates, keep following Allsportspk