Football – LaLiga ’18-19: Lionel Messi Scores 400th Goal; Real Madrid Manage A Narrow Win
Barcelona vs Eibar – Match Report:
- Barcelona reestablished their noteworthy lead at the highest point of LaLiga after a 3-0 prevail upon Eibar that saw Lionel Messi score his 400th league goal.
- Lionel Messi turned into the primary player to score 400 LaLiga goals on Sunday as Barcelona traveled to a 3-0 triumph over Eibar at Camp Nou.
- After a strangely calm initial 45 minutes, Lionel Messi burst into life after the restart and guaranteed his achievement goal – his thirteenth in eight appearances against Eibar.
- Luis Suarez had given Barca the lead with their solitary shot on focus in the main half, and he multiplied his count six minutes after Messi’s minute in the spotlight with a formed completion from a tight point.
FT Barcelona 3-0 Eibar
Lionel Messi is:
⚽ The first player to reach 400 La Liga goals
⚽ The second player to reach 400+ goals in Europe’s top five leagues after Cristiano Ronaldo (409)
— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) January 13, 2019
- That was sufficient to seal a 6th success in succession for Barca in the group, and a ninth progressive over Eibar since their advancement to the best flight.
- Lionel Messi took up all the more a playmaker job in the opening trades and made half-risks that Gerard Pique and Jordi Alba were not able proselyte.
- Suarez demonstrated to them how it ought to be done in the nineteenth moment after a smooth trade with Philippe Coutinho opened up the Eibar safeguard, the Uruguay worldwide finding the base corner with unerring precision.
Lionel Messi has become the first ever player to score 400 goals in La Liga.
89 goals more than the next player on the list. ? pic.twitter.com/EzNMXHumQc
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) January 13, 2019
- In spite of falling behind, Eibar kept on pushing forward and Sergi Enrich ought to have improved the situation from Ruben Pena’s cross, anyway the striker headed wide of Marc Andre ter Stegen’s goal.
- Coutinho felt he ought to have had a punishment minutes before the break yet his cases were waved away regardless of Pena’s awkward handle inside the territory.
- After the dreary opening salvo, Barca had considerably more desperation to their amusement after the break and eight minutes into the second time frame Lionel Messi got his milestone goal.
0 – Lionel Messi was the Barcelona player with the fewest passes attempted (11) and touches (19) in the first half against Eibar, failing to make a single touch in the opposite box. Vigilance. pic.twitter.com/cOwdzRXftd
— OptaJose (@OptaJose) January 13, 2019
- Having gotten the ball from Suarez, the five-time Ballon D’Or champ made himself some space before terminating low under Asier Riesgo.
- Suarez then scored his fourteenth class goal of the battle to broaden Barcelona’s leverage, before Ter Stegen should have been aware of keep out Pablo De Blasis’ short proximity header.
- Ernesto Valverde presented detailed Manchester City target Ousmane Dembele with 18 minutes to play, yet regardless of looking enthusiastic he was not able stretch Barca’s lead on what at last ended up being an agreeable triumph in spite of the group chiefs being a long way from their familiar best.
Lionel Messi exchanged his shirt with the Eibar player. Most of the people would have kept that. He scored 400th goal with the shirt.
But this guy is something different.
Lionel Messi is the true ambassador of football. If you hate him, I feel sad about you.#BarcaEibar
— TacticsLearner (@LearnerTactics) January 13, 2019
Real Betis vs Real Madrid – Match Report:
- Real Betis fans were left grieved as their previous star man Dani Ceballos scored a late champ for Real Madrid on Sunday.
- Dani Ceballos scored a late winning free-kick against his old club as Real Madrid combat to a 2-1 LaLiga triumph at Real Betis.
- Madrid had taken an early lead at the Benito Villamarin on Sunday on account of a fine drive scored by Ballon d’Or champ Luka Modric. However, Sergio Canales hit back with an goal that endure a protracted VAR survey to apparently guarantee a point for Quique Setien’s side.
— Real Madrid C.F. ???? (@realmadriden) January 13, 2019
- Previous Betis star Ceballos had different thoughts, however, falling off the seat to net a 20-yard free-kick with two minutes to go to move Madrid up to fourth.
- Madrid began well and they led the pack in the thirteenth moment, Modric shooting a crash into the upper left corner from simply outside the punishment region.
- Vinicius Junior terminated directly at Pau Lopez toward the finish of a streaming move as Madrid kicked through the riggings, Antonio Barragan making a superb test to stop another fast break.
Real Madrid football of late might not be for the faint of heart, delicate nerves or persons with high blood pressure or anger management issues. A win is a win win nonetheless. #HalaMadrid
— Patrick Julien (@julien2k1) January 13, 2019
- Canales recorded the first Betis shot on target two minutes into the second half however Keylor Navas, assigning for the harmed Thibaut Courtois, got everything behind the shot.
- Navas was beaten in the 67th moment, in any case, the great Giovani Lo Celso sending Canales clear of the Madrid guard to press his shot through the goalkeeper and over the line.
Worst coach in the history of Real Madrid. This 2nd half performance is unacceptable. You just can’t play like that, at one point we had 19% possession.. pic.twitter.com/WVE6XgOFLR
— A. (@KaizerT8) January 13, 2019
- The goal was liable to a long VAR audit, giving the home fans a horrifying pause, however replays indicated Dani Carvajal was playing Canales onside and the goal stood.
- Solari overlooked Isco as he utilized his last two subs to expedite Ceballos and Brahim Diaz for his LaLiga make a big appearance, with the choice defended in the 88th moment.
- William Carvalho gave away a free-kick on the edge of the Betis box and Ceballos assumed liability, bowing the ball round the divider to beat Lopez.
Real Madrid had just 26% possession against Real Betis — their second-lowest share since records began and the first time they have been below 30% against a team other than Barcelona.
— DAZN CA (@DAZN_CA) January 13, 2019
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk