Football – UEFA Nations League: Netherlands Overcome France; Germany Relegated
- Germany have been consigned from the Nations League’s best level after Netherlands beat France in Rotterdam on Friday.
- Georginio Wijnaldum and Memphis Depay were unequivocal as Netherlands beat France 2-0 to consign Germany in the Nations League and give themselves a shot at achieving the Finals.
- Germany required France to win to give them a reasonable shot of getting away from the drop, yet Netherlands merited their triumph in Rotterdam to guarantee Joachim Low’s men are downgraded from the best level.
— OptionKing (@OptionKing1) November 16, 2018
- Netherlands can guarantee movement to the last four with a point in their last excursion away to the consigned Germans.
- The home side had the better of the main time frame and deservedly broke the stop 44 minutes in through Wijnaldum, who presented appropriate reparations in light of a prior miss.
- France never truly demonstrated the craving to take control from there on, and Depay wrapped things up with a stoppage-time penalty which beat the generally phenomenal Hugo Lloris in goal.
— Tshepang TKP Mohapi (@TKP_ADHD) November 16, 2018
- Netherlands made a fierce beginning which nearly allowed them a second-minute lead, yet Wijnaldum shot directly at Lloris from 12 yards after Depay’s decreased.
- The guests reacted and went close themselves not long after when Antoine Griezmann saw a header spared by Jasper Cillessen.
- Netherlands’ control dispersed as the main half advanced, however they went ahead just before the break – Wijnaldum opening in the bounce back after Ryan Babel neglected to beat Lloris from short proximity.
Germany have been relegated without even playing.
— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) November 16, 2018
- Lloris must be cognizant to keep a second soon after the hour, denying Denzel Dumfries’ header and afterward obstructing safeguard’s pursue exertion with his correct leg.
- Depay was the by test Lloris a short ways from time – his 25-yard free-kick constraining the goalkeeper into spare down to one side.
- The Lyon star went close again before long, dashing past Benjamin Pavard and seeing Lloris divert a left-footed drive wide.
Netherlands win to relegate Germany The Netherlands kept their UEFA Nations League hopes alive with a 2-0 victory over world champions France in Rotterdam, relegating Germany to League B in the process. https://t.co/Ny3bNyQ9Lt
— EPL News Sky Sports (@EPLnewsSKY) November 16, 2018
- France could not underwrite, in any case, as Netherlands ensured the triumph in the 6th moment of included time – Depay creating a saucy ‘Panenka’ penalty after Frenkie de Jong had been stumbled by substitute Moussa Sissoko.
For more updates about UEFA Nations League keep visiting allsportspk