Football – UEFA Nations League: Lukaku’s Brace Overcomes Swiss Defense
- Romelu Lukaku finished a six-match spell with both Belgium goals in a late 2-1 home prevail upon a tenacious Switzerland in the UEFA Nations League.
- On target twice in a 3-0 annihilation of Iceland a month ago, Manchester United striker Lukaku rehashed the heroics as he scored either side of Mario Gavranovic’s unexpected 76th-minute equalizer.
Romelu Lukaku has now scored 2+ goals in 8 of his last 18 games for Belgium:
⚽️⚽️⚽️ vs. Gibraltar
⚽️⚽️ vs. Mexico
⚽️⚽️ vs. Saudi Arabia
⚽️⚽️ vs. Costa Rica
⚽️⚽️ vs. Panama
⚽️⚽️ vs. Tunisia
⚽️⚽️ vs. Iceland
⚽️⚽️ vs. Switzerland
*Brace* yourself… pic.twitter.com/3PtKlciaXR
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) October 12, 2018
- The 25-year-old hoped to have filled the role of lowlife when he bursted over a brilliant chance to re-establish the hosts’ lead late in procedures, yet he recovered self-restraint to hide a shot induced by Eden Hazard a little ways from time and send the Red Devils best of Group A2.
- The outcome may furnish Thierry Henry with a triumphant goodbye in what could be his last match as Roberto Martinez’s assistant – the France extraordinary surrounding the empty Monaco post.
Lukaku leads Belgium past Switzerland with a brace : Romelu Lukaku scored both goals in Belgium’s 2-1 win over Switzerland which gave the Red Devils the lead in Group 2 of Nations Cup Division A. https://t.co/I9QH2TjYHh pic.twitter.com/TppNLCPfJR
— Football Headlines (@Footheadl) October 12, 2018
- Following seven days set apart by examinations concerning asserted debasement and match-fixing inside Belgian football, the hosts nearly proceeded through Youri Tielemans’ grating drive in the twentieth minute, yet it was one of couple of snapshots of value in a repressed first half.
- The opener in the long run came when Hazard, Dries Mertens and Thomas Meunier were altogether associated with making space for Lukaku to squirm the opener under Yann Sommer in the 58th moment.
Top scorers in internationals for UEFA countries since the start of last season:
22 R.Lukaku (2 today)
12 A.Mitrovic (2 yesterday)
11 C.Eriksen, H.Kane pic.twitter.com/EStfA7cM91
— Sky Sports Statto (@SkySportsStatto) October 12, 2018
- Against the running of play, Switzerland seemed to have done what was necessary for a moment that Michael Lang supported Gavranovic in rebuffing some messy checking from Xherdan Shaqiri’s free-kick.
- Be that as it may, subsequent to cushioning one fine shot for the champ, Lukaku did not squander a second, pressing home after a splendid move including Hazard and Mertens in the 84th moment to send Martinez’s men three clear on their UEFA Nations League gathering.
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) October 12, 2018
For more updates about UEFA Nations League keep visiting allsportspk