French Open 2018 Highlights: Day 10 – 2nd Half
Breathtaking and spectular performances from the Tennis players were witnessed today at the French Open 2018. Madison Keys and Sloane Stephens from Women’s Tennis booked their place into the semifinals.
These are the match highlights of the 2nd half of day 10 of the French Open. In case you missed the highlights of the first half of the day 10 of the French Open then click on the link given below:
Women’s Tennis Highlights
Match: Madison Keys Vs Yulia Putintseva
Result: Madison Keys defeated Yulia Putintseva at the French Open by 7-6(5), 6-4.
- The American Tennis player, Madison Keys, gave her best on the court today against Yulia Putintseva.
- The match looked tough from both sides as points were grabbed immediately as someone loses them.
- Madison played brilliantly in the first set as she took a lead and was confident of winning the set but who knew that Yulia would recover the points which she did and eventually the set came to a tie-break.
- It looked tough as both gained points on the tie but soon the American, Madison, won on the tie-break by showing her skills on the court and sealed the victory in the first set.
- The second set started after a break and Yulia took the lead in a very short time.
- Yulia Putintseva looked determined when she was leading the American but Madison soon found her way back in the set and the score was now 5-4 with Madison leading.
- The last point was won by Madison on an ace which Yulia Putintseva wasn’t able to play with her backhand and eventually lost the set by 6-4.
- Madison made zero double faults and three aces in the match as compared to Yulia who made zero aces and one double faults in the whole match.
- Madison said after winning the match that she was happy to defeat Yulia in straight sets. However, Yulia put up a great fight against her.
- Madison Keys booked her place in the semifinals of the French Open 2018 where she will be playing against her country Tennis player, Sloane Stephens.
Match: Sloane Stephens Vs Daria Kasatkina
Result: Sloane Stephens defeated Daria Kasatkina at the French Open by 6-3, 6-1.
- Sloane Stephens of America won the quarterfinal match from the Russian star, Daria Kasatkina, as both players performed at their best on the court today.
- The first set started and Sloane took the lead in it. Daria made a comeback after some time but was still lagging behind Stephens who was 2 points in front of her.
- Daria struggled hard to win this set but Sloane was in form today and defeated her the first by 6-3.
- Daria was down and she really needed a desperate comeback in the second set.
- Soon after the break, the second set was started and Sloane Stephens from America showed her backhand and forehand skills against Daria Kasatkina.
- Sloane in a very less amount of time, was leading her by 3-1. But she didn’t stop there and kept on gaining points.
- Daria tried to beat her but Sloane Stephens replied her by defeating the second set by 6-1 and sealed her place in the semifinals of Roland Garros.
- However, both the players were unable to gain any point from ace today against each other. But Kasatkina made 2 double faults as compared to Stephens who made none of them.
- Sloane Stephens made it to the semifinals of the French Open 2018 where she will be facing the American Tennis player, Madison Keys.
These were the highlights of the 2nd half of the 10th day of Women’s Tennis. Do join allsportspk, as soon as you can so that you can see the French Open 2018 day 11.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk