Sloane Stephens and the World No.1, Simona Halep, made their way to the finals.
Allsportspk presents the match highlights of the 2nd Half on Day 12:
Women’s Tennis Highlights
Match: Sloane Stephens Vs Madison Keys
Result: Sloane Stephens defeated Madison Keys at the French Open by 6-4, 6-4.
- A dazzling performance was witnessed between the two players, Madison Keys and Sloane Stephens (both from America), today at the French Open at Philippe-Chatrier court.
- Both the players looked confident today as they were giving their best on the court during the match.
- Soon the first set started and both the players started gaining points one after the other. The score was equalized 3-3 after a tough fight between them.
- Sloane Stephens however was in great form as she took the lead in a very less amount of time and won the first set by 6-4.
- It was a brilliant first set and some unexpected performances by both the Tennis stars.
- So now it was all down to the second set for Madison Keys because if she lost this set, she would be out of the French Open.
Sloane Stephens is heading to the #FrenchOpen final after beating Madison Keys 6-4, 6-4 on Thursday. Stephens will now be ranked in the Top 5, and she’ll also get her shot at a second Grand Slam title. Only Simona Halep stands in her way now. #RG18 pic.twitter.com/MVBf8rwaij
— TENNIS.com (@Tennis) 7 June 2018
- The second set started and Madison took a good start by scoring points on an ace. After a while, Madison was leading Sloane Stephens by 2-0 but Sloane recovered the points and the match became more interesting.
- But it was not a lucky day for Madison as Sloane again took the lead in a very short time and eventually sealed the victory in the end of the set by 6-4.
- However, Sloane made one double faults and zero aces in the match and still she won. While, on the other hand, Madison Keys made two double faults but she managed to score points on seven aces.
- Despite taking lead in both the sets, Madison still lost to the American, Sloane Stephens, in a rhythm 6-4, 6-4.
- Sloane Stephens booked her name into the finals of the French Open 2018 where she will play against the World No.1, Simona Halep of Romania.
Match: Simona Halep Vs Garbine Muguruza
Result: Simona Halep defeated Garbine Muguruza at the French Open 2018 by 6-1, 6-4.
- Simona Halep again proved that she’s the World No.1 Women’s Tennis player after she defeated the Spaniard, Garbine Muguruza, in the semifinal of the French Open 2018.
- The Romanian showed exquisite and fabulous performance on the Philippe-Chatrier court today.
- The Spaniard looked helpless as she wasn’t failed to chase the lead given by Simona.
- The first set started after the warm-up and Simona as usual took the lead in a very short time. She looked in great form today and didn’t let Garbine to score against her.
- However, after some time Garbine Muguruza managed to score a point but it was too late for her as Simona won the first set by 6-1.
- The first set was a message for Muguruza that the World No.1 wasn’t able to defeat that easily.
- After a short break, the second set started and Muguruza struggled hard as she took the lead this time. But Simona soon recovered the points and the score was equalized 4-4.
— Tennis Channel (@TennisChannel) June 7, 2018
- Muguruza tried her best to win this set because if she didn’t, she would be out of the tournament. But her dreams were broken as Simona eventually scored the next two points and won the set by 6-4.
- It was a worth-watching match between the two brilliant performers. However, Simona made four double faults as compared to Garbine Muguruza in the whole match whereas, Garbine made only one double fault, but still Simona managed to booked her name into the final.
- Simona Halep will now play against the American, Sloane Stephens, in the final of the French Open 2018.
Do join allsportspk for the Match Highlights of Day 13.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk