French Open 2018
French Open is in full flow and all of the major tennis players are participating in this event. This tournament started from 27 May and will end on 10 June.
Allsportspk presents you the overall highlights of the matches held on 28th May. Have a look:
French Open 2018 – 28th May; Match Highlights
Men’s Tennis Highlights:
- Novak Djokovic was victorious over the Brazilian tennis player, Rogerio Dutra Silva, by defeating him all the three sets from 6-3, 6-4, 6-4. Dutra Silva was ahead from Djokovic in the first two sets but Novak regained his form back and defeated him. Now, Novak Djokovic will face Jaume Munar of Spain in the second round of French Open 2018.
- Stan Wawrinka, who was struggling with a tenacious knee injury, lost to Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain by 6-2, 3-6, 4-6, 7-6(5), 6-3 in the opening round.
- Rafael Nadal, the current World No.1 Tennis player, played against the Italian Simone Bolelli in the first round. Nadal was leading from two sets but the third set was stopped after rain interfered the play. Rafael won the third set after rain-break and won by 6-4, 6-3, 0-3.
- Marco Trungelliti faced Bernard Tomic in the first round of the French Open 2018 and was victorious over him by defeating him from 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, 6-4. Moreover, International Tennis Federation (ITF) said that Trungelliti will get at least 79000 euros to reach the second round.
- Dominic Thiem, who defeated Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals of Madrid Open, faced Ilya Ivashka of Belarus and defeated him by 6-2, 6-4, 6-1 in the opening round. Thiem will now face Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greek in the next round
- Marco Baghdatis faced Santiago Giraldo of Colombia in the opening round. Marco was leading by 6-3, 4-3 when he suddenly asked for a medical break. After the medical break, when Baghdatis was checked by a physiotherapist, eighth game started and Marco lost the first two points on his serve. After that, he retired from the French Open 2018.
Women’s Tennis Highlights:
- Sofia Kenin of America was set to face Naomi Osaka of Japan in their first round of French Open but Naomi defeated her by 6-2, 7-5 and now she will play against Zarina Diyas of Kazakhstan.
- Belarusian Tennis player, Victoria Azarenka, struggled against Katerina Siniakova in the opening round but was defeated in a rhythm by 7-5, 7-5.
- Petra Kvitova, the two-time Wimbledon champion, played against Veronica Cepede of Paraguay and claimed her first victory by 3-6, 6-1, 7-5 in a two hour thriller match.
- Danielle Rose Collins of America faced Caroline Wozniacki in the first round of the French Open 2018 and was defeated by her from 7-6(2), 6-1.
- Georgina Garcia Perez of Spain won her first match from Dalila Jakupovic by 6-3, 6-4 and is now set to face Danielle Collins in the second round.
That is it for today. Do join allsportspk tomorrow for the highlights of French Open Day 3.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk