FRANCE: Rafael Nadal devastated Stan Wawrinka 6-2, 6-3, 6-1 in a one-sided final to become the first player in history to win 10 times the same major title.
Rafael Nadal had won first Frenc Open the first time in 2005 at the age of 19. Winning the 15th Grand Slam Trophy Nadal is now only three behind Roger Federer.
- Nadal playing his 22nd Grand Slam final, did so without dropping a set for a third time.
- This was the 22nd Grand Slam final for Nadal and the 4th for Wawrinka, who since 44 years is the oldest player in the French Open.
- Wawrinka had the first and only unsuccessful break point in the 3rd game. After which it was all downwards.
- The crowd did encouraged Wawrinka to their best but Nadal was simply unstoppable.
- In the 4th game Nadal was not successful in converting 4 break points.
- Wawrinka, who had knocked out Andy Murray the World No. 1 in the semi-final, was absolutely frustrated, evident from him damaging a racquet.
- Moreover the one sided game mood remained the same.
- Since 1969 the first time that the French Open final was played by two men over 30 years of age.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk