||India Vs Afghanistan
| Match Basics
|Only Test: India Vs Afghanistan
|Date: 14th June, 2018
|Venue: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
|Umpires: Chris Gaffaney, Paul Reiffel
|Toss won by: India , elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|India’s Innings: 347/6 (78 Overs, RR: 4.44)
|Batting: Shikhar Dhawan 107 off 96 balls, Murali Vijay 105 off 153 balls, KL Rahul 54 off 64 balls, CA Pujara 35 off 52 balls.
|Bowling: Yamin Ahmadzai 2/32 in 13 overs, Mujeeb Ur Rehman 1/69 i 14 overs, Rashid Khan 1/120 in 26 overs, Wafadar 1/53 in 15 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs Afghanistan: India’s 1st Innings
- The pitch report suggested that it was slightly damp with a decent amount of grass, which will aid the bowlers. Plus, the overcast conditions was another factor in favour of the bowlers.
- But, contrary to the pitch report India won the toss and the Indian captain, Rahane chose to bat first, considering the batting depth of India, maybe?
- Murali Vijay and Shikhar Dhawan came out to open the innings and the new ball was given to Yamin Ahmadzai.
- Vijay took the cautious route while Dhawan began to play the role of aggressor by getting a boundary in almost every over.
- It was time for drinks and India were 62/0 at this point, firmly in the lead.
- Rashid Khan was introduced into the attack by the Afghanistan captain in hopes of getting a wicket.
- But, there was no stopping Dhawan who was pouncing on every chance he was getting.
- Playing with the same aggression and a strike rate of 100+, Dhawan reached his century. And, with this he became the 1st Indian batsman to score a century in the 1st session of a test match.
- After lunch, Dhawan continued playing with the same mantra and lost his wicket to Yamin as Afghanistan finally got a breakthrough after a massive opening partnership.
- The explosive KL Rahul joined Vijay. Vijay and Rahul reached their fifty and with Pujara on his side, the Indian opener took on the aggressor’s role and he too reached his century.
- Both batsmen also put up another 112-run stand, as India Vs Afghanistan was slowly becoming a one-sided affair.
- The Afghans needed a wicket, and Wafadar was the one to break this century stand as he pinned Vijay lbw and India lost their 2nd wicket.
- KL Rahul was the next one to depart as Yamin Ahmadzai picked out his 2nd wicket of the innings.
- And, with these two wickets Afghanistan had a chance to make a comeback in this match.
- At this point, Pujara and the Indian captain Rahane were on the crease. The Afghan captain brought on spin from both ends, namely Rashid an Mujeeb.
- This move worked as after sharing a 34-run partnership with Pujara, Rahane departed off Rashid Khan’s exquisite bowling.
- Hardik Pandya joined Pujara. Afghanistan continued with the spin duo and it got them yet another wicket as Pujara departed off Mujeeb-Ur-Rehman’s bowling.
- Dinesh Karthik joined Pandya. The day was coming to a close and both batsmen were playing defensively to prevent another wicket.
- But, an miscommunication from the 2 batsmen resulted in Karthik’s run-out as India lost their 6th wicket of the innings.
- Ashwin joined Pandya. And, both batsmen played the last 2 overs of the day quite sensibly as India finished the day on 347 runs with 4 wickets in hand.
- India are in control but Afghanistan have a chance to bowl out India under 450.
India Vs Afghanistan – 1st Day ended.
Join Allsportspk tomorrow for Day 2 of India Vs Afghanistan Only Test match.
AM Rahane (Cpt.)
KD Karthik (Wkt.)
Afsar Zazai (Wkt.)
Asghar Stanikzai (Cpt.)
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk