1. Bangladesh were riding on the clouds and why wouldn’t they be? They had just won the precious match by chasing down 215 runs posted by the Srilankan bowlers. India on the other hand was also coming into this match after beating Srilanka and having won from Bangladesh in the opening match of this series they were quite confident that they would win this time also which they did in the end.
2. Toss was won by Bangladesh and invited India to bat first on a pitch that was favoring bowlers. Indian Openers took charge on the pitch as Bangladesh started the proceedings. Sharma, who had been going through a bad patch in this series found the right day to explode and he was well supported by his partner Shikhar Dhawan.
3. Both openers provided India with a solid start by sharing a 70-run partnership in between them. Bangladeshi bowler Rubel Hossain had been a worry for the Indian batsmen in this series and he was the one that provided his side with an opening in this match also by taking the wicket of Shikar Dhawan in the 10th over.
4. This was the moment when Bangladesh needed to hold off things and get a few wickets to get on top in this match. But the next batsman Suresh Raina was not in the mood to let them go easily. Both Raina and Rohit shared a 102-run partnership to propel India to a respectable total.
5. India would have touched the 200-mark but they were unable to do so all credit to Rubel Hossain’s exquisite death bowling skill. The bowler took two wickets in that over and also claimed a run-out of the Indian captain who departed after scoring a well made 89 off 61 balls.
6. 177 could prove a substantial total on this pitch but owing to the form of the current Bangladeshi lineup it did not seem as much off a problem. However, when the Bangladeshi innings started India reminded Bangladesh that they are not facing them and not Srilanka whom they managed to beat after an interesting contest.
7. Bangladeshi openers had a simple task i.e. to provide their team with an opening partnership upon which the middle order batsman could cash on but both openers only put a 12-run partnership. Washington Sundar delivered the first blow by forcing Liton Das to edge out to Karthik.
8. Sarkar came to the crease looking to revive Bangladesh however, Sundar struck again as he shattered the stumps of the top order batsman. He was followed by Tamim Iqbal who also departed after Washington Sundar went through his defenses to light up the stumps.
9. Mushfiqur Rahim came in the middle and the wicketkeeper fought till the end but apart Sabbir Rahman who scored 27 off 23 balls no one could give Mushfiqur a helping hand as Bangladesh only managed to score 159 runs in 20 overs.
10. Mushfiqur scored an unbeaten 72 off 55 balls but could not get his team over the line. On the other hand, Indian spinners were phenomenal especially Washington Sundar who demolished Bangladesh top order and preventer them from a good start.
11. Rohit Sharma got the man of the match award for his individual score of 89 runs at a strike rate of 145.90. This win also put India in the Finals of this series and the next match between Bangladesh and Srilanka will be a decider for the other final spot.