|India Vs England: India’s 1st Innings
- With the first day of this second test, washed out due to rain, England and India hoped that the rain stayed away on the 2nd day of this test.
- The pitch appeared to be lively with a good covering of grass on it. And, with overcast conditions and duke balls, spinners will play a key role once the pitch wears out.
- Having won the toss and choosing to field first, Joe Root led his men on the ground.
- Meanwhile, Indian openers, Murali Vijay and the newest inclusion in the squad, Pujara came out to bat. For England, the new ball was given to the pacer-duo of Anderson an Broad.
- Vijay only survived for 4 balls, as Anderson’s swinging delivery gave England their first breakthrough of the innings.
- KL Rahul joined Pujara. The pair had barely settled when Anderson struck again, this time taking the wicket of KL Rahul.
- Kohli joined Pujara, however unfortunate for the test sides and the spectators, rain returned and the play stopped once again.
- Fortunately, unlike the first day, rain did not stay for long and play resumed after a delay of 2-3 hours.
- Kohli and Pujara continued their batting while England stuck with their pace spearheads, Broad and Anderson.
- And after one over, Pujara got run out in his traditional style and the play stopped again due to bad light and murkier conditions at Lord’s cricket ground.
- Once the weather cleared out, play resumed as Kohli and Karthik made their way into the middle.
- On the other hand, despite have bowled 5 overs each, Joe Root continued to bowl his pacers, Anderson and Broad from each end.
- And for the very first time in this innings, India looked stable as runs began to flow from both ends.
- Root now introduced Woakes and Curran from each end. And, it was only a matter of time as Woakes struck and got the huge wicket of Virat Kohli.
- At this point, India were 4 wickets down for 49 runs, with Pandya and Rahane on the crease.
- The pair survived only one over and 12 runs, as Woakes got the wicket of Pandya with a beautiful out swinger.
- India’s wicket keeper batsman, Dinesh Karthik joined Rahane. However, he lost his wicket in the very next over to Curran.
- Now, Ashwin joined Rahane. The pair added 22 runs to the total and now Joe Root brought James Anderson back into the attack.
- This move bore fruit as Anderson struck in his very first over, to claim the wicket of Rahane.
- Now, with India 7 wickets down, Kuldeep Yadav joined Ashwin. The pair added 16 more runs after which Kuldeep Yadav lost his wicket to Anderson.
- Ashwin got out in the very next over to Broad, as India slumped to 9 wickets with only 96 runs on the scoreboard.
- Now, Mohammad Shami and Ishant Sharma were present on the crease. This partnership also survived only one over as Ishant Sharma lost his wicket to Anderson.
- And with that, India were all out on 107 runs with James Anderson claiming a five wicket haul.
India Vs England – 1st Test Day 4: Stokes The Hero In A Thrilling Victory
India Vs England Test Series 2018: Players Who Could Make An Impact
This is the end of India Vs England 2nd Test, Day 2. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 3rd day of India Vs England 2nd test match.