||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|4th Test – Day 2: India Vs England
|Date: 31st August 2018
|Venue: The Rose Bowl, Southampton
|Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena, Bruce Oxenford
|Toss won by: England, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|India’s 1st Innings: 273 all out (84.5 Overs, RR: 3.21)
|Performers (Day 2):
|Batting: Pujara 132* off 257 balls, Virat Kohli 46 off 71 balls, Shikhar Dhawan 23 off 53 balls.
|Bowling: Stuart Broad 3/63 in 18.5 overs, Moeen Ali 5/63 in 16 overs, Sam Curran 1/41 in 16 overs, Ben Stokes 1/23 in 7 overs.
|England’s 2nd Innings (continued): 6/0 (4 Overs, RR: 1.5)
|Performers (Day 2):
|Batting: Alastair Cook 2* off 13 balls , Keaton Jennings 4* off 11 balls
|Bowling: Ashwin 0/1 off 2 overs, Bumrah 0/5 off 2 overs
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: India’s 1st Innings
- Play resumed on Day 2 of this test, as Indian openers Dhawan and Rahul walked out to bat. For England, Anderson and Broad continued from each end.
- The pair looked solid as they extended their 19 run partnership to 37 runs. But, in the very next over, Stuart Broad exploited the front leg weakness of Rahul and claimed his wicket.
- Rahul chose to review, but the decision came in the favor of England, as India lost their first review of the match.
- Cheteshwar Pujara joined Shikhar Dhawan. Joe Root continued to bowl his pace spearheads till the 12th over, after which Anderson was replaced by Curran.
- Curran & Broad bowled economical overs as the pair could only add some runs to take India’s total to fifty, and drinks were called on Day 2 of this test.
- Post drinks, play resumed and in the very first over, Dhawan fell for Stuart Broad’s tempting delivery and lost his wicket.
- The Indian captain, Virat Kohli joined Pujara. Kohli’s aggressive nature and his quick runs put English bowlers on the back foot.
- Runs began to flow freely for India as their total reached a 100 runs.
- The last over before lunch was bowled by Moeen Ali. The pair did not succumb their wicket as lunch was called on Day 2 of this test.
- Post Lunch play resumed as the partnership between the two batsmen extended to 92 runs.
- And, this is when Curran finally claimed the wicket of Virat Kohli, his first in the innings.
- Rahane joined Pujara. The pair added 19 runs to the total after which Rahane was trapped lbw by Stokes big in-swinging delivery.
- The batsman chose to review, however the decision went in favor of England as India lost their 2nd and final review of the innings.
- India’s wicket-keeper batsman, Rishabh Pant joined Pujara. Pant played a total of 29 balls and did not score a single run, as Moeen Ali claimed his wicket before Tea.
- Post tea, play resumed as Hardik Pandya joined Pujara. The pair lasted only one over as Moeen Ali claimed the wicket of Pandya in his very next over.
- And, in the very next over two more wickets fell as Moeen Ali grabbed the wickets of Ashwin and Shami in two consecutive deliveries.
- Now, with 8 wickets left, Ishant Sharma joined Pujara as India still trailed by 51 runs.
- A crucial partnership was shared between the two batsmen, as Ishant Sharma became the 5th scalp of Moeen Ali.
- With Pujara lurking on 96, Bumrah joined him as India’s last wicket. After a slight bump in the road, the batsman finally reached his hundred; his 2nd outside Asia.
- The batsman batted on as India put were now in the lead by 27 runs, when Broad finally claimed the wicket of Bumrah. India were bowled on 273 runs.
India Vs England: England’s 2nd Innings
- Trailing by 27 runs, England openers Keaton Jennings and Alastair Cook walked out to bat.
- Considering Cook’s weakness to spin, Ashwin was given the first over by Virat Kohli with Bumrah bowling from the other end.
- Both batsmen survived 4 overs, as stumps were called on Day 2 of this test.
India Vs England – 4th Test Day 1: India Dominate With Bat & Ball
India Vs England: Indian Squad Announced For The Last Two Tests
This is the end of India Vs England 4th Test, Day 2. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 3rd day of India Vs England 4th test match.
JC Buttler (Wkt.)
JE Root (Capt.)
RR Pant (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk