Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Roma, Atalanta Cook Up A 6 Goal Thriller
This the last match of Match Day 2 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table. In case, you missed the last matches click here.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 10 of 10: AS Roma vs Atalanta
Result: 3 – 3
- AS Roma: Javier Pastore 2′, Alessandro Florenzi 60′, Kostas Manolas 82′
- Atalanta: Timothy Castagne 19′, Emiliano Rigoni 22′, 38′
|AS Roma||Team Stats||Atalanta|
|10||Shots On Target||6|
- Roma began with a terrific Javier Pastore back-heel flick, went 3-1 down to a blazing Atalanta and ripped at their way back to a 3-3 spine chiller.
- The two sides had begun the season with triumphs and clashed for the highest point of the table. On the day Kevin Strootman joins Olympique Marseille, ex-Atalanta midfielder Bryan Cristante ventured into midfield and moved Pastore to a further developed part on the left of the trident assault.
- Roma still have not beaten Atalanta here in Serie A since 2014, trailed by three draws and the same number of annihilations. The Orobici likewise won three of their last seven best flight gatherings, home and away, losing just once.
As it stands we are landing this 31/1 Acca. Roma have drawn 3-3 and Over 2.5 is a winner at Old Trafford. Bilbao are 0-0 approaching HT (Draw required) https://t.co/qFDP8auaxG
— Paul Robinson (@paulrob1nson) 27 August 2018
- It was the ideal beginning for Il Flaco, who scored inside 90 seconds of his home presentation in staggering design. Cengiz Under burst down the right, slice back to cross low and Pastore shocked everybody with the cheekiest of back-heel flicks from 11 yards, the ball coming in off within the far post.
- Atalanta responded promptly, sticking the hosts back with Rigoni’s shot diverted simply wide and a Mario Pasalic throw over the vacant net.
?⚫️ Strong performance from Ali Adnan in his Atalanta debut!
— Soccer Iraq (@SoccerIraq) 27 August 2018
- Under tried Pierluigi Gollini from a tight point, however the Orobici in the long run got a merited equaliser. Duvan Zapata’s savage calculated drive skiped off within the far post and Timothy Castagne was prepared to tap in.
- The diversion pivoted totally inside three minutes, as Duvan Zapata robbed Manolas and moved crosswise over for plain Rigoni to complete it off one-on-one with Robin Olsen.
- Atalanta continued pushing, as Rigoni skimmed the bar after a poor Olsen leeway, at that point Daniele De Rossi kept another two goals by hurling himself in the way of Pasalic, who was sent clear at the back post first by Duvan Zapata, and then a few minutes later by Rigoni.
— Live Betting Tips (@LiveBettingTip2) 27 August 2018
- The Bergamo Boys made it 3-1 in the long run, as Rigoni sprung the offside trap on a Pasalic through ball and his low drive beat Olsen at the close post.
- Eusebio Di Francesco tore up Plan An at half-time, tossing on Justin Kluivert and debutant Steven Nzonzi for Cristante and Pellegrini. Previous Sevilla midfielder Nzonzi was reserved 13 minutes into his Serie A introduction.
- Pastore shot well finished from 12 yards, at that point Cengiz Under stung Gollini’s gloves and the Roma energy was developing. Alessandro Florenzi got them once again into it, slicing through the center to bore under Gollini’s body.
— Slobodan Brazikowski (@brazilianalien) 27 August 2018
- Notwithstanding, Roma finished the rebound from 3-1 down to 3-3, as Pastore’s free kick was chipped over the top and tapped in by Manolas at the far post.
- All of a sudden, the energy had swung the other way. Dzeko’s free header was so near to Gollini, however the Atalanta goalkeeper stuck up one long arm for a conclusive fingertip spare as Schick had dinked it over him.
- Strategies went out the window for the last minutes, Pasalic impacting over plain, at that point profound into stoppages as Kluivert dashed clear just for Castagne to get back for a frantic last-pant hinder as he pulled the trigger.
Visit allsportspk on 31st August, for the first match of Match Day 3 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.