Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Ronaldo Fails To Score Again
These are the first two matches of Match Day 2 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 1 of 10: Juventus vs Lazio
Result: 2 – 0
- Juventus: Miralem Pjanic 30′, Mario Mandzukic 75′
|7||Shots On Target||2|
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s Juventus home debut finished in disappointment on an individual level as he neglected to score in their 2-0 prevail upon Lazio.
- Ronaldo missed an open goal in the second half as he got his legs in a tangle however it did not make a difference as Mario Mandzukic took advantage of an unfilled net to add to Miralem Pjanic’s first-half opener.
- Thomas Strakosha in the Lazio goal magnificently denied Ronaldo with a fingertip spare in the second half as the previous Real Madrid man scanned futile for his first goal at Juventus.
This Ronaldo hatred by a certain fanbase really wasn’t a Madrid related thing after all, was it? Some of you all are watching him play in the Serie A to pinpoint his mistakes, y’all are watching Juve and will watch Juve play in the future because you hate Ronaldo. That’s… sad.
— Xav Salazar (@XavsFutbol) 25 August 2018
- Ronaldo, who began on the left, had his first sight of goal following eight minutes however his circling header from Federico Bernardeschi’s check arrived off target.
- Sami Khedira at that point hit the upright from a nearby edge as Juventus squeezed for the opener.
- It was Leonardo Bonucci’s first home session of the season back with the club he cleared out the previous summer and he was booed by the Juventus fans in the principal half.
— Tommy Mila (@tommy_mila) 25 August 2018
- Areas of the home help have not pardoned the inside back after his sharp takeoff to AC Milan the previous summer and Bonucci has said he needs to win back their trust.
- Be that as it may, they were cheering after thirty minutes when Pjanic, who had been connected with an exit from Juventus before marking another agreement, scored a brilliant opener for Massimiliano Allegri’s men. Ciro Immobile at that point sought hit back rapidly for Lazio however he hauled his shot wide.
Messi is the greatest playmaker in the world, he is always looking to set his teammates up. Ronaldo gets angry when his teammates score and he doesn’t. Why people think Ronaldo is the better leader is beyond me.
— ¹⁰ (@ClinicaIEden) 25 August 2018
- Ronaldo was included again after the break, however his slick cross could not be turned in by Mandzukic. Juventus’ record marking at that point shot a free kick against the divider before Strakosha’s great spare denied him.
- Juventus went 2-0 up a little ways from time when Mandzukic was close by to tuck into an unfilled net after Ronaldo made a wreck of an endeavour at goal. Lazio were second best for a great part of the challenge and drooped to their second progressive thrashing following an opening misfortune to Napoli.
Match 2 of 10: Napoli vs Milan
Result: 3 – 2
- Napoli: Piotr Zielinski 53′, 67′, Dries Mertens 80′
- Milan: Giacomo Bonaventura 15′, Davide Calabria 49′
|8||Shots On Target||3|
- Piot Zielinski’s double strike followed by Dries Mertens late goal in the 2nd half, overshadowed Milan’s double goals as Napoli won the game easily.
- Two early attempts were missed by Napoli in the first half, befor Giacomo Bonaventura scored the opening goal for Milan.
What a night for @sscnapoli – 2-0 down to AC Milan, come back to win 3-2!👏👏👏
2⃣ Serie A games, 2⃣ comeback wins for Napoli this season pic.twitter.com/4yowf8W5o1
— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) 25 August 2018
- Napoli attacked again, however were regularly being denied by Milan’s superb defence.
- First half ended with Milan firmly in the lead. Four minutes into the 2nd half, Davide Calabria doubled the lead as his right footed shot went straight to the bottom left corner of the nets.
Milan up 2-0 bring on Bakayoko in the 58th minute. Now losing 3-2. Enjoy your loan player. Hope it’s an obligation to buy and not an option. @AlexGoldberg_
— . (@RoanokeHokie) 25 August 2018
- In a successful counter attack, Napoli’s Piotr Zielinski struck the first goal for his team, courtesy of Jose Callejon’s assist.
- At the 67th minute the scoreboard was equalized by Piotr Zielinski and the match winning goal was struck by Dries Mertens at the 80th minute.
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 2 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.