Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Patrick Cutrone Scores A Last Minute Stunner
This is the first match of Match Day 3 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 1 of 10: Milan Vs AS Roma
Result: 2 – 1
- Milan: Franck Kessie 40′, Patrick Cutrone 90+5′
- AS Roma: Federico Fazio 59′
|Milan||Team Stats||AS Roma|
|10||Shots On Target||2|
Serie A – Highlights:
- Patrick Cutrone jumped 30 seconds from time to give Milan a hard-battled 2-1 prevail upon Roma after the two sides had goals refused.
- The Rossoneri had their first home round of the season, as the Week 1 installation with Genoa was put off to October 31 following the Ponte Morandi disaster. They had been driving 2-0 at Napoli just to lose 3-2 and Gennaro Gattuso rolled out just a single improvement from that line-up, Hakan Calhanoglu coming back from suspension to supplant Fabio Borini.
Sorry mate we are going to lose to roma because gattuso will never learn, Biglia is easly disposes in the CDM this 4-3-3 is never good for higuain because it isolates him as a top 9,Hakan always run in as an CAM b/cos that is his normal position use 4-2-3-1 for GOD sake ?
— Gallant (@ricksouth27) 28 August 2018
- The Giallorossi battled once more from 3-1 down to draw with Atalanta, however lost Alessandro Florenzi to injuryand changed to a 3-4-1-2 development with Ivan Marcano’s inclusion and the main Rick Karsdorp appearance since October 25 2017.
- Roma were unbeaten here since a 2-1 result in May 2015, rising with three continuous triumphs in which they scored nine goals and surrendered only two.
Little ropey in the second half, but Milan starting to become a delight to watch when they attack. Patient, composed but move with purpose too. Brilliant Higuain assist, great Cutrone finish to win it. Delighted for Gattuso and players to bounce back after Napoli. #ForzaMilan
— Sumeet Paul (@SP_Calcio) 31 August 2018
- Davide Calabria shot only finished from a tight point, and at that point Robin Olsen finger tipped a Gonzalo Higuain daisy-shaper round the base of the close post.
- Suso released a scorcher from a distance to sting Olsen’s gloves and Milan in the end got their merited opener before half-time.
MS’ AC Milan 2-1 AS Roma
— AC Milan Türkiye (@acmilanturkiye) 31 August 2018
- Ricardo Rodriguez turned Federico Fazio back to front at the by-line and moved over the front of the goal, where Kessie snuck up behind Ivan Marcano to tap in at the back post.
- There was very nearly a rehash minutes after the fact, yet this time Aleksandar Kolarov slice out Rodriguez’s low cross to the far stick.
- Roma needed to relinquish the trial and presented Stephan El Shaarawy for Marcano, moving to a 4-2-3-1. They instantly appeared to be more keen, Edin Dzeko boring wide and Gianluigi Donnarumma dashing out to handle El Shaarawy in midfield.
— Boone’s Brigade ⚽️?? (@boonesbrigade) 31 August 2018
- After a progression of corners, Roma discovered their equaliser when Davide Calabria’s poor freedom was directly at Fazio to swing his right boot from inside the box.
- Higuain hit the back of the net without precedent for a Milan jersey 120 seconds after the fact, running on to a through ball from midfield to go round hapless Olsen, yet VAR ruled it offside as his toes were over the line.
- Calhanoglu tried Olsen at the close post and Higuain impacted over after Nzonzi was gotten under lock and key by Calabria.
“Missing out on AC Milan broke my heart!”
Had Burnley qualified for the #UEL group stages, they’d have had a trip to the San Siro.
Phil Bardsley says he’s gutted to miss out on facing AC Milan. pic.twitter.com/ShPNIV5cyL
— BBC 5 Live Sport (@5liveSport) 31 August 2018
- Nzonzi had the ball in the back of the net after a corner, yet it was prohibited utilising VAR for the ex-Sevilla midfielder’s dealing with offense.
- The groups looked drained in the last stages, as Dzeko scraped wide from a promising position after Calabria’s blunder.
Cutrone scores at the death: it’s 2-1! How about reading the match report? ?? https://t.co/EF1YR8YR3B
Cutrone da impazzire! Ecco il report di #MilanRoma ?? https://t.co/Z9iGxIAkPA pic.twitter.com/DSVYcNPjTM
— AC Milan (@acmilan) 31 August 2018
- Be that as it may, with scarcely 30 seconds left on the clock, substitute Cutrone, cleared it first time into the far base corner from 12 yards as Milan won the match.
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 3 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.