In Allsportspk Major Football Leagues exclusively coverage, this is an Overview + Points Table of Week 18 ending of La Liga.
On ending of the Week 18 of La Liga, the main Highlights were:
- Real Madrid beat Getafe 3-0 and equalled its points with FC Barcelona for the top spot.
- Barcelona drew with Espanyol 2-2, however, managing to retain its top spot, though marginally on the goal difference.
- Atletico Madrid too pipped Levante 2-1 and stands right after Barcelona and Real Madrid at the third spot
- Week 18 also featured Villa Real beating Real Sociedad 2-1, while both Valencia and Granada beat Eibar and Mallorca 1-0 respectively.
- Games between Atletico Bilbao vs Sevilla, Alaves vs Real Betis and Celta Vigo vs Osasuna all drew on 1-1. Valladolid and Leganes too drew their game but on 2-2.
Week 18’s games did not impact the standings much and all the top 5 teams retain their spots. The current standings are:
La Liga – Week 18 Points Table
Points Table Overview
- FC Barcelona stands on top with 40 points along with Real Madrid but a goal difference of 26 compared to Real Madrid’s 24 has enabled them to retain their top spot
- Atletico Madrid has climbed to the third spot after its last win, while Sevilla has dropped to the fourth spot after its draw against Atletico Bilbao. Both teams are again, however, separated by the goal difference for the third and fourth place as well.
- Real Sociedad is in the fifth place while Valencia is on the sixth and neither of them are far behind the top spots either.
That’s till Week 18 of LaLiga. Keep following Allsportspk for regular Football Leagues and Sports News.