The NBA – National Basketball Association is a men’s professional basketball league in North America, composed of 30 teams (29 in the United States and 1 in Canada). It is one of the four major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada, and is widely considered to be the premier men’s professional basketball league in the world.
Allsportspk presents all time statistics of the prestigious competition.
The research has been divided into two parts – Team and Individual Stats. Part 1 covers Team Stats and Part 2 the stats of individual players.
Part One – Team Statistics
Most Successful Teams
|2||Los Angeles Lakers||16|
|3||Philadelphia/San Francisco/Golden State Warriors||6|
|4||San Antonio Spurs||5|
|5||Syracuse Nationals/Philadelphia 76ers||3|
|5||Fort Wayne/Detroit Pistons||3|
|6||New York Knicks||2|
- Boston Celtics are the most successful club in NBA history with their record win of 17 titles.
- Boston Celtics hold the record of most consecutive NBA titles win as they had a triumph of 8 consecutive tiles from 1959 till 1966.
- Besides Boston Celtics, LA Lakers are the only club to have more than 10 NBA titles.
- LA Lakers holds the record most runners up position (15).
- Los Angeles Lakers have made the most playoff appearances in NBA history with 60 while they missed only 5 playoffs in their 65 NBA seasons.
- Out of 30 teams ever to play in NBA only 7 were not able to win it.
Highest Average Points
|Rank||NBA Season||Team||Average points|
|9.||1967||San Francisco Warriors||122.4|
- Denver Nuggets hold the record of most average points in a season (126.5) in 1982.
- From 1982 to 1984 Denver Nuggets were the highest point scoring team in NBA.
- in 21st century no team reached a average of more than 120 points.
Highest points scored in a Match
|Rank||Total Points||Winning Team||Final Score||Losing Team|
|1||370||Detroit Pistons||186–184||Denver Nuggets|
|2||342||San Diego Conquistadors||176–166||New York Nets|
|3||337||San Antonio Spurs||171–166||Milwaukee Bucks|
|4||329||Chicago Bulls||168–161||Atlanta Hawks|
|5||320||Washington Capitols||162–158||Dallas Chaparrals|
|5||320||Golden State Warriors||162–158||Denver Nuggets|
|6||318||Denver Nuggets||163–155||San Antonio Spurs|
|6||318||Phoenix Suns||161–157||New Jersey Nets|
|6||317||Houston Rocket*||159–158||Washington Wizards|
- The highest-scoring regular season game in NBA history is the triple-overtime game between the Detroit Pistons and the Denver Nuggets on December 13, 1983. The two teams combined to score a whooping 370 points.
- The highest-scoring regular season game in regulation was between the Golden State Warriors and the Denver Nuggets on November 2, 1990. In that game, Golden State defeated Denver 162–158.
- The highest-scoring playoff game is the double-overtime game between the Portland Trail Blazers and the Phoenix Suns on May 11, 1992. The two teams combined to score 304 points.
- Houston Rockets versus Washington Wizards is the the highest scoring game in the Twenty first century with total of 317 points.
Click on the Next Page for Part Two- Individual Statistics