Queen’s Club Championships 2018: Day 4 – Highlights
Single’s: Grigor Dimitrov vs Damir Džumhur
Result: Grigor Dimitrov defeated Damir Džumhur by 6-3, 6-7(4),6-3.
- Grigor took the lead in the first set, however, Damir managed to recover some points and the score was 5-3.
- But the Russian, Grigor, successfully sealed the win by 6-3 as he won the last point on the serve.
- In the next set, both the players gave their best against each other and the match eventually came to a tie-breaker.
Grigor Dimitrov vs. Damir Dzumhur 6-3, 6-7(4), 6-3 Fever-Tree Championships, Queen`s Club (R32) 19.06.2018.
Full Match -> https://t.co/rJElPI1NFU@GrigorDimitrov @DzumhurDamir @QueensTennis pic.twitter.com/OwLUWhkZIB
— Grigor Dimitrov – Full Matches (@FullGrigor) 19 June 2018
- Grigor lost the second set as he lost three points on the serve and now the set scores were levelled 1-1.
- Although, Damir Dzumhur took the lead in the final set but Grigor came back in action and won the set by 6-3.
- Grigor Dimitrov will face Novak Djokovic in his next round of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Novak Djokovic vs John Millman
Result: Novak Djokovic defeated John Millman by 6-2, 6-1.
- Novak took the match to another level as he easily defeated the Australian player just above an hour.
- Although, John Millman took the lead in the first set but Novak recovered it in a couple of minutes.
- Djokovic finally won the set by 6-2 as John lost the last two points on the serve.
Sit back and enjoy some vintage @DjokerNole.
— Fever-Tree Championships (@QueensTennis) 19 June 2018
- Now it was all down to the second set for both the players.
- In the second set, Novak Djokovic took the lead this time with a brilliant forehand shot.
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) 19 June 2018
- However, John only managed to recover a point after some time but he was unable to lead the Serbian star.
- Finally, Novak won the set by 6-1 and made it to the next round where he will face the Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov.
Single’s: Leonardo Mayer vs Kevin Anderson
Result: Leonardo Mayer defeated Kevin Anderson by 7-6(4), 4-6, 7-6(3).
- Even though, Kevin Anderson took the lead in the first set but Leonardo recovered the points soon enough and the match came to a tie-break.
- It was Leonardo who won the set on the tie-break after some good forehand and backhand shots.
- After that Leonardo opened the scoring in the next set but he wasn’t able to extend the lead big enough for Kevin.
Kevin Anderson has fallen to a shock defeat in the opening round at the Queen’s Club Championships. Anderson, seeded 3rd, for the prestigious grass-court event lost in three sets to Leonardo Mayer of Argentina (7-6, 4-6, 7-6) in an a clash that lasted close to 2 and a half hours. pic.twitter.com/kP1d6z76yr
— Tennis South Africa (@TennisSA) 19 June 2018
- Ultimately, Kevin won the set by 6-4 and the match came to the third set.
- Both the players looked confident as they played brilliantly in this set and the match again came to a tie-breaker.
- However, Kevin made four double faults which cost him the set and he lost by 7-6(3).
Single’s: Julien Benneteau vs Tomas Berdych
Result: Julien Benneteau defeated Tomas Berdych by 7-5, 3-6, 6-3.
- Tomas took the lead in the first set but Julien made a comeback and recovered the lead soon.
- In the end, Julien sealed the victory by 7-5 as Tomas lost the last two points on the serve.
— Modern Tennis (@SoofSu17) 19 June 2018
- However, Tomas struggled hard and gave his best in the next set which helped him in winning the next set by 6-3.
- Now it was all down to the third set. Julien opened the scoring this time and kept on extending his lead.
- Finally, Tomas failed to recover the points and lost the last set by 6-3.
— Prashant Paul (@PrashantSport) 19 June 2018
- Julian Benneteau will now face Adrian Mannarino in his next match of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Jeremy Chardy vs Tim Smyczek
Result: Jeremy Chardy defeated Tim Smyczek by 6-2, 6-4.
- Tim took a bad start in the first set as he lost the opening point on the serve.
- On the other hand, Jeremy kept on extending the lead and soon won the set by 6-2.
- In the next set Tim Smyczek took the lead but Jeremy Chardy recovered the points in a couple of minutes.
- In the end, Jeremy grabbed the last two points in succession and won the set by 6-4.
Fever-Tree Championships – 1st Round: Jeremy Chardy beat Tim Smyczek 6-2, 6-4
— Live Tennis Results (@live_tennis) 19 June 2018
- Jeremy Chardy will now face Daniil Medvedev in the round of 16 of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Nick Kyrgios vs Andy Murray
Result: Nick Kyrgios defeated Andy Murray by 2-6, 7-6(4), 7-5.
- Andy Murray opened the scoring of the first set and kept on extending the lead.
- However, Nick Kyrgios only managed to recover two points and eventually lost the set by 2-6.
There’s part of Nick Kyrgios that doesn’t want to beat Andy Murray in his return and while some people might condemn him for that, it’s actually the first time I’ve ever sympathized with him.
— Trenton Jocz (@TrentonJocz) 19 June 2018
- An excellent performance was witnessed in the second set as the match came to a tie-breaker after the score was equalized 6-6.
- Andy Murray lost two points on the serve which costed him the set and the match moved on to the next decisive set.
Nick Kyrgios: “It’s getting worse every point. Every point it’s getting worse. I’m not happy with this.” Isn’t he gesturing toward his injured left hip? No bueno. pic.twitter.com/60jPMHnJdp
— TroubleFault (@troublefault) 19 June 2018
- Both the players again showed an outclass performance in the last set as the score reached 5-5.
- But Nick Kyrgios managed to seal the victory as Andy again lost the next two points on the serve.
One man, one point, TWO ‘TWEENERS? 🤔🤣
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) 19 June 2018
- Nick Kyrgios will now face the British Kyle Edmund in his next match of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Feliciano Lopez vs David Goffin
Result: Feliciano Lopez defeated David Goffin by 6-3, 6-7(7), 6-3.
- Feliciano took the lead in the first set but David soon managed to recover the points at a fast pace.
- However, Feliciano won the first by 6-3 after he scored with two good forehand shots in the end.
— The Queen’s Club (@TheQueensClub) 19 June 2018
- In the next set, both the players played at their peak as the set came to a tie-breaker after the score was levelled at 6-6.
- Nevertheless, David Goffin claimed the victory in this set as Feliciano lost the last two points on his serve.
Decent quality match from @David__Goffin in Queen’s but Feliciano Lopez in R1 is a tough draw. Spanish title defender wins it 6-3, 6-7, 6-3. Not the preparation for Wimbledon Goffin was aiming for. #FeverTreeChampionships
— Dewulf Filip (@GraveyardFilip) 19 June 2018
- Now it was down to the third and decisive set. Feliciano took a great start and eventually won the set by 6-3.
- Feliciano Lopez will face Milos Raonic in the next round of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Kyle Edmund vs Ryan Harrison
Result: Kyle Edmund defeated Ryan Harrison by 7-6(4), 6-4.
- Kyle faced a tough opponent today yet, he still managed to book his name into the next round.
- Although, Ryan Harrison took the lead in the opening set but Kyle didn’t let him win so easily.
- After a resilient fight between the two players, the set came to a tie-breaker.
- Kyle Edmund won the set on the tie-break as he didn’t lost a single point on his serve.
The action continues at @TheQueensClub. Home favourites Kyle Edmund & Dan Evans have the momentum in their matches.
Edmund leads Harrison 7-6(4)
— Fever-Tree Championships (@QueensTennis) 19 June 2018
- In the second set, Kyle opened the scoring but Ryan fought back bravely and the score reached 4-4.
- However, Kyle Edmund sealed the win by 6-4 and now he will face Nick Kyrgios in his next match of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
Single’s: Adrian Mannarino vs Dan Evans
Result: Adrian Mannarino defeated Dan Evans by 6-4, 0-6, 7-5.
- Outclass performance from both the players were witnessed today in the court.
- Adrian Mannarino opened the scoring and kept on extending it with his brilliant forehand and backhand shots.
- However, Dan Evans put up a good fight but Adrian eventually won the first set by 6-4.
Kyle Edmund makes the second round with a straight sets win over Ryan Harrison; Dan Evans served for the match but just missed out on the notable scalp of Adrian Mannarino as he lost decider 7-5
— Russell Fuller (@russellcfuller) 19 June 2018
- Nonetheless, Dan Evans showed a historic performance in the next set as he didn’t let Adrian to score a single point and won the set by 6-0.
- Now it was all down to the third set for both of them. Dan scored the first point of the decisive set but Adrian soon recovered the points.
Have had the best day ever at @QueensTennis and have ended up getting a train 2 hours later than the one I booked thanks to @AdrianMannarino epic win at the end! #adrianmannarino #GoManna #itwasworthit
— Hayley Davies (@hayleyd777) 19 June 2018
- In the end, Adrian won the match as Dan Evans lost the last two points on his serve.
Join allsportspk to see the highlights of the fifth day of Queen’s Club Championships 2018.
For regular updates visit : Allsportspk