South Africa Vs Sri Lanka 1st ODI
||South Africa Vs Sri Lanka
|1st ODI: South Africa Vs Sri Lanka
|Date: 29th July, 2018
|Venue: Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium
|Umpires: Ruchira Palliyaguruge, Nigel Llong
|Toss won by: Sri Lanka, elected to bat first.
|Sri Lanka’s 1st Innings: 193 all out (34.3 Overs, RR: 5.59)
|Batting: Kusal Perera 81 off 72 balls, Thisara Perera 49 off 30 balls.
|Bowling: Tabrez Shamsi 4/33 in 8.3 overs, Kasigo Rabada 4/41 in 8 overs, Lungi Ngidi 1/29 in 8 overs.
|Target: 194 runs from 50 overs.
|South Africa’s 1st Innings:
|Batting: Faf Du Plessis 47 off 56 balls, JP Duminy 53* off 32 balls, Quinton De Kock 47 off 59 balls.
|Bowling: Akila Dananjaya 3/50 in 10 overs, Suranga Lakmal 1/37 in 6 overs, Sandakan 1/74 in 8 overs.
|Result: South Africa won by 5 wickets (with 114 balls remaining)
|Man Of The Match: Tabrez Shamsi
|Highlights & Analysis
|South Africa Vs Sri lanka: Sri Lanka 1st Innings
- It was a green pitch and the average first innings score on it was 204. This meant that the bowlers could take quick wickets upon using the wind and pitch conditions wisely.
- Sri Lankan captain, Angelo Matthews chose to bat first. The openers, Dickwella and Upul Tharanga walked out to bat.
- For South Africa, the new ball was given to the fiery Rabada who struck in his very first over to remove Dickwella off the crease.
- Kusal Mendis joined Upul Tharanga. Lungi Ngidi bowled from the other end as South Africa kept the pressure and Rabada struck again in his 2nd over to remove Kusal Mendis.
- Perera joined Tharanga. But, this partnership only lasted one over as Tharanga got run out.
- Now, with Perera and Matthews on the crease, Sri Lanka were 3 wickets down with 23 runs on the board.
- The Sri Lankans needed a partnership but Proteas appeared to be on fire as one over later, Matthews departed.
- Jayasuriya joined Perera but he departed in the very next over to Rabada who claimed his 3rd wicket of the match.
- Now, Thisara Perera joined Kusal Perera. The pair defied the Proteas pacers and thereafter the spinners to construct an 84 run partnership.
- However, Thisara lost his wicket to the spinner, Shamsi as he fell just one run short of his century.
- Akila Dananjaya joined Kusal Perera. The pair added another 38 runs to the total as Kusal Perera reached his half century.
- This partnership was broken again by Shamsi who claimed the wicket of Dananjaya.
- Lakmal joined Perera. 3 overs and 13 runs later, Shamsi struck again, this time taking the wicket of the mighty Kusal Perera.
- The last two wickets were taken by Rabada and Shamsi who cleaned up the Sri Lankan tail and bowled them for a total of 196 runs.
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka 2nd Innings
- With 197 runs to score in 50 overs, South African openers, Hashim Amla and Quinton de Kock came out to bat.
- For Sri Lanka, the new ball was shared between Dananjaya and Lakmal.
- A strong start was made by the openers as they amassed 30 runs from the first 4 overs.
- But, Akila struck with his googly in his 3rd over to remove Amla and provide Sri Lanka with their first breakthrough.
- Markram joined Amla, but he departed on the very first ball as Dananjaya took two wickets in two balls.
- Du Plessis joined De Kock. The pair did not flutter and added 86 runs to the total to reduce the target by a huge margin.
- But, De Kock was denied his half century as he fell to Dananjaya who claimed his 3rd wicket of the match.
- Duminy joined Du Plessis and this partnership also broke after 2 overs, this time by Sandakan who claimed the wicket of Du Plessis.
- David Miller joined Duminy, as South Africa required 65 runs from 26.5 overs with 6 wickets in hand.
- The pair added 43 runs to the total after which Miller was pinned lbw by Lakmal. At this point, this match(South AFrica vs SRi Lanka) Had become one sided.
- Mulder joined Duminy. No wickets fell after this point as the pair added the remaining 21 runs and Duminy reached his half century to win the match for South Africa.
This is the end of South Africa Vs Sri Lanka 1st ODI. Join allsportpk on 1st August for the 2nd ODI between South Africa Vs Sri Lanka.
AD Mathews (Capt.)
F du Plessis (Capt.)
Q de Kock (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!