Spanish La Liga ’18-19 – Highlights: Girona Halts Celta Vigo’s Winning Streak
This is the last match of La Liga, Match Day 4 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 10 of 10: Girona vs Celta Vigo
Result: 3 – 2
- Girona: Cristhian Stuani 22′, 56′, Pedro alcala 37′
- Celta Vigo: lago Aspas 34′, Sofiane Boufal 87′
|Girona||Team Stats||Celta Vigo|
|6||Shots On Target||7|
- The Uruguay national, Cristhian Stuani struck twice either side of the half, with Pedro Alcala reestablishing his team’s lead after Iago Aspas had counterbalanced Stuani’s opener on a night when Sofiane Boufal’s late strike was insufficient to deny the home side a 3-2 triumph.
Really enjoyed this game at Montilivi – that’s more like it, @LaLigaEN! 13 goals across Matchday 4 before today, now a slightly healthier 18.
— David Garrido (@SkySportsDavid) 17 September 2018
- Girona led the pack against the run of play, when Stuani headed Aday Benitez’s 22nd-minute cross into the base corner, yet the guests were level inside 12 minutes graciousness of Aspas’ free-kick.
Girona 3-2 Celta, decent game. Celta better team in some respects and could have easily got point or more, but Girona were tireless. Great team ethic. Two wins in a row now, Barça next.
— Andy West (@andywest01) 17 September 2018
- Nonetheless, Celta capitulated indeed when Alcala planted a 37th-minute header into the base corner and it was 3-1, 11 minutes after the restart when Stuani asserted his second goal of the match.
- Substitute Boufal decreased the deficiency a little ways from time before partner Gustavo Cabral was expelled for a second bookable offense in stoppage time.
An impressive win for Girona, even after a nervy last few minutes.
— Matthew Clark (@MattClark_08) 17 September 2018
Visit allsportspk on 22nd September, for the matches of Match Day 5 of 38, La Liga 2018-19.