Spanish La Liga ’18-19 – Highlights: Madrid Bag First La Liga Win
These are the next 3 matches of Match Day 1 of 38, that were held on 20th August 2018. The highlights are appended below the points table. In case, you missed the highlights of the last three matches click here.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 6 of 10: Eibar vs Huesca
Result: 1 – 2
- Eibar: Gonzalo Escalante 69′
- Huesca: Alejandro Gallar Falguera 5′, 40′
|6||Shots On Target||6|
- A first-half twofold from forward Alex Gallar shocked the home swarm into quietness and guaranteed the away side went into the interim with a 2 goal lead.
- The first strike was made at the 5th minute and the 2nd one also came from Alejandro’s foot as Huesca lead the first half by 2-0.
Huesca win their first ever top fight game!
— Sid Lowe (@sidlowe) 19 August 2018
- In the 2nd half, Gonzalo Escalante scored at the 69th minute to provide some hope for the home crowd.
- However, regardless of having 69% ball possession, Eibar could not discover an equalizer.
#Huesca making history tonight. First ever game in La Liga marked with a win and an all round good performance. 2 goals from Alex Gallar, and Cucho could’ve added 2 of his own. Exciting times for Huesca.
— Aadil (@aadilante) 19 August 2018
- And, this marked the end of a match in which Alejandro Gallar Falguera proved to be the hero of Huesca.
Match 7 of 10: Rayo Vallecano vs Sevilla
Result: 1 – 4
- Rayo Vallecano: Adri Embarba 85′ (P)
- Sevilla: Franco Vazquez 15′, Andre Silva 31′, 45+1′, 79′
|Rayo Vallecano||Team Stats||Sevilla|
|2||Shots On Target||8|
- A hattrick from Andre Silva his La Liga debut allowed Sevilla to easily win over Rayo Vallecano in their opening match of the season.
- Franco Vazquez opened the scoring for Sevilla at the 15th minute, followed by Andre Silva who doubled the lead at the 31st minute.
André Silva scored more goals on his LaLiga debut for Sevilla (3) than he did in the entire 2017/18 Serie A season for AC Milan.
Hat-trick hero. 🎩 pic.twitter.com/gsFbnHW8Tk
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) 19 August 2018
- This was followed by another goal from Andre Silva as the first half ended with Sevilla in the lead by 3-0.
- In the 2nd half, Silva completed his hattrick with a superb strike, while Rayo’s Adri Embarba scored off with a penalty.
🇵🇹 @AndrevSilva19’s Scoring Record:
🏟 Games: 24
⚽️ Goals: 2
🏟 Games: 1
⚽️ Goals: 3
😳 What a debut. 🔥 pic.twitter.com/8RdNfKrqpw
— SPORF (@Sporf) 19 August 2018
- No further goals were struck from any team as the match ended in a dominant win for Sevilla.
For the match of Real Madrid vs Getafe CF, move on to the next page!