Spanish La Liga ’18-19 – Highlights: Benzema Overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo
These are the next 3 matches of La Liga, Match Day 3 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 3 of 10: Eibar vs Real Sociedad
Result: 2 – 1
- Eibar: Marc Cardona 26′, Charles 90+1′
- Real Sociedad: Willian Jose 15′ (P)
|Eibar||Team Stats||Real Sociedad|
|2||Shots On Target||2|
- Injury time Charles goal gave Eibar a 2-1 triumph over a Real Sociedad side that has neglected to win in five visits to Ipurua.
- It showed up the ideal open door for Real to break their terrible run in the Basque derby with Eibar’s slow beginning to the season however the home side reacted after two annihilations with greater force.
And then they chose to show #Eibar’s 2-1 win over #RealSociedad on a different channel here, not on beIN’s main channel here.🤨 It was Girona’s win at Villarreal on beIN here instead. https://t.co/ktlbnbOxwC
— Diana Yeow (@dy158) 1 September 2018
- Real Sociedad looked awkward yet proceeded from a Willian Jose penalty after Juanmi was brought down in the crate following 15 minutes by Dmitrovic. And unfortunately, Willian Jose needed to go off a short time later in the wake of pulling a muscle with the kick.
- While Eibar were shaken they reacted with Arbilla crossing from the left and Cardona opened home his 1st goal in the best flight.
A huge come from behind win for Eibar today, especially since the first game back is at the Wanda. Aupa Eibar!
— Stu Campbell (@syc470) 31 August 2018
- The diversion swung forward and backward in the second half before Charles got the winning goal with a header following 91 minutes and send the Eibar fans home in good mood.
Girona and Eibar get themselves three vital points each. Wouldn’t have tipped either to win tonight. The start of LaLiga has certainly been full of surprises.
— Simon Harrison (@simonhfootball) 31 August 2018
Match 4 of 10: Celta Vigo vs Atletico Madrid
Result: 2 – 0
- Celta Vigo: Maximiliano Gomez gonzalez 46′, Iago Aspas 52′
|Celta Vigo||Team Stats||Atletico Madrid|
|4||Shots On Target||0|
- Maxi Gomez scored one and made alternate as Celta Vigo deservedly vanquished Atletico Madrid.
- Ten-man Atletico Madrid were given a lowering first annihilation of the new La Liga season in an inauspicious show at Celta Vigo, going down 2-0 at the Balaidos.
- Maxi Gomez got the opener in the 46th moment and afterward made the second for Iago Aspas in the 52nd minute as Atletico neglected to recuperate from a poor first half in which they needed forefront in advance.
Atletico Madrid managed to beat Real Madrid 4-2, but they lose against mid table team “Celta De Vigo” by 2/3 damn a turner ama tafele. 😹😹💔
— 過小評価 God just dropped Kamikazi🔥🔥🔥😤 (@SenseiDojo_) 1 September 2018
- Antoine Griezmann tried to move his side, however a fightback never searched likely for Diego Simeone’s men, who were tipped to set up a better than average battle for the title.
- To be sure, things went from terrible to more terrible for Atletico as Stefan Savic saw red with 20 minutes remaining, in spite of the fact that Gustavo Cabral was cruelly denied a third by a minor offside call after a VAR intervention.
- After an open yet uneventful initial 25 minutes in which the opposite sides alternated to counter, Griezmann crept from terminating Atletico in front as a 20-yard drive crawled wide.
For all the plastics who want Simeone, it’s only fair to tell u all that his club just got battered at celta vigo, drew with Valencia & have only scored 2 times in 3 la Liga matches.
It seems only when these coaches win our fans ever mention them. So I’m gonna balance things out
— becks (@evertonbd) 1 September 2018
- There was minimal occurrence of note in the rest of a sweltering first half, yet Celta took only 42 seconds to break the halt after the restart.
- Gomez jumped on Diego Godin’s slip to pound low into the net and Atletico were immediately shocked by a second blow, the primary goalscorer turning maker with an exquisite conveyance onto Aspas’ head.
When you see Atletico Madrid are losing 2-0 to Celta Vigo after you tipped them to win La Liga 😳 pic.twitter.com/Es5cPp20M2
— Did It Cross The Line? (@diditcross) 1 September 2018
- Savic was then expelled for a second yellow card as he took care of the ball to yield a free-kick from which Cabral thought he had included a third, before a protracted VAR defer saw the protector judged offside.
Match 5 of 10: Real Madrid vs Leganes
Result: 4 – 1
- Real Madrid: Gareth Bale 17′, Karim Benzema 48′, 61′, Sergio Ramos 66′ (P)
- Leganes: Guido Carrillo 24′ (P)
|Real Madrid||Team Stats||Leganes|
|7||Shots On Target||3|
- A second-half twofold from Karim Benzema helped Real Madrid to a 4-1 triumph at Girona and keep up their ideal La Liga beginning in the post-Cristiano Ronaldo period.
- Sergio Ramos and Gareth Bale likewise scored for Julen Lopetegui’s European victors, who seem to have put the mistake of their Super Cup thrashing to neighbors Atletico Madrid prior this month behind them.
— Soccer Laduma (@Soccer_Laduma) 1 September 2018
- In the wake of seeing Benzema denied by a linesman’s banner in the opening stages, Real were given an early scare and ended up behind following 17 minutes when previous B-team player Borja Garcia put the Catalans in front with a formed wrap up.
- Madrid were obligated to various fine spares from goalkeeper Keylor Navas, who was chosen in front of new marking Thibaut Courtois, as Eusebio Sacristan’s side hoped to double their favorable position.
Real Madrid 4-1 Leganes: Karim Benzema bags a brace after Gareth Bale’s opener: Real Madrid maintained their 100 per cent start to the season with a resounding win over Leganes at the Bernabeu on Saturday evening. https://t.co/dYyVdby3in pic.twitter.com/9FLUBJVAcA
— RMadrid_MP (@RMadrid_MP) 1 September 2018
- Be that as it may, Girona were made to pay for their iniquity when Marc Muniesa felled Marco Asensio just before half-time.
- Ramos coolly chipped the ball into the top of the net from the following penalty and from that point on it was one-way activity.
- Benzema was twice ruined by Girona plug Bono following the restart, be that as it may, he was not to be denied when Asensio won another spot kick after he was roughly brought around Pere Pons.
I’m sorry but Luka Modric wining UEFA Player of the Year is a joke. His teams didn’t win their domestic league or the World Cup and he wasn’t man of the match in either of the finals he played in. Yeah Real Madrid won the UCL but he wasn’t undeniably amazing.
— Sean Kent (@seankent) 1 September 2018
- Skipper Ramos permitted the France forward to take the kick and put Real ahead.
- With the home side pursuing the diversion, Real were a steady risk on the counter and Bale gave a look at his burning pace when he hooked onto an Isco through ball to score in his 6th successive group appearance.
A second straight 4-1 win for Real Madrid. Asensio winning a third penalty in two games, Benzema with four league goals this season and Bale scoring for a seventh league game in a row. Impressive stuff here. #RealMadridLeganes
— Ben Hayward (@bghayward) 1 September 2018
- Welshman Bale at that point set up Benzema’s second from short proximity a short ways from the conclusion to seal triumph without a doubt, who have the most points after two recreations, while Girona stay on one.
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 3 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.